These mint chocolate cookie bars are a sweet, chocolatey, and minty treat! An easy double chocolate chunk cookie bar and the best mint frosting! Drizzle with melted chocolate or sprinkles.
I had really high hopes and a long list of Christmas baking I wanted to do. Ask me how much I’ve done……. one recipe! Which actually happens to be our favorite Christmastime tradition. These PEPPERMINT CANDY CANE COOKIES. They are Santa’s favorite cookie 🙂
If you follow my blog you know that we just had our 4th baby a few weeks ago and somehow all 9 lbs of his little body takes up all of my time. Which means that my Holiday baking list has been put on hold. I don’t mind. I actually would not want it any other way.
I figured I better try and make at least a few Christmas treats to share with you all. These mint chocolate cookie bars are something that I made years ago when I first started getting into baking. They are super easy because the chocolate cookie base is just a package of double chunk cookie mix. You add a few ingredients to it and then press it into the pan and bake it. Really fast and easy. Trust me, no one would ever even know that you used a cookie mix from the store.
Oh, and that frosting ♥ ♥ It is so creamy, and smooth, and minty. It’s my favorite part. Which, if you know me at all, you know that I don’t like frosting. I am one of those people that will take it off a piece of cake or a cupcake and then just eat the cake part. But I am telling you guys that this frosting changes all that for me. It is actually one, well the only one, that I will eat straight from the bowl!
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large egg
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- green food coloring
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all the ingredients for the cookie bars into a bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Spread the batter into the pan. The batter will be thick. Use a spatula, or your fingers, to spread it into the baking dish.
- Cook for 13-15 minutes or until the sides begin to pull away and the bars look puffy. Cool completely.
- For the frosting: With a handheld blender blend together the butter and cream cheese. Add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, and blend after each one. Add milk until the frosting comes together and is thick. Or until your desired consistency is reached. Add the mint extract and green food coloring. Blend until the food coloring is incorporated. Spread onto the top of the cooled bars.
- Decorate with whatever sprinkles you want; chocolate or Christmas colors, or you can drizzle melted chocolate over the top.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST