Lightly sweet, no eggs, and only 1 minute; this microwaveable chocolate chip cake is so easy to make! Perfect serving for 1 person and you won’t have dozens of pieces of cake tempting you 🙂
I am going to keep this post short & sweet today……….
YOU NEED TO GO MAKE THIS! 🙂
I won’t even admit to how many times I’ve made this. Ok, fine, 4 times! But, you can’t blame me. I mean, I shared two times and we’ve been snowed in thanks to the almost 4′ of snow that blizzard Jonas dumped on the East Coast. Which means that I have had all 3 kids home. All day. Together. Help!
I love them. I really do. But what is it about when all the kids are together that they act completely crazy and out of control?! I took them all grocery shopping and let’s just say it’s a good thing I don’t drink, because oh my, I was totally that crazy mom with too many kids 🙂 Oh, and they’re off of school all week. Darn blizzard.
This microwaveable chocolate chip cake makes everything better.
You’ll start by mixing up 6 ingredients into a small dish. I prefer a ramekin. Or, if you have a large coffee type mug, you could use that also.
You microwave it for 1 minute. Be careful because it will be hot (the ramekin or cup, whichever you use). But, you will end up with a perfectly sweet and super soft chocolate chip cake
to hide in the closet with and eat away from the chaos.
Eat it plain or top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I’ve had it both ways and you can’t go wrong.
If you don't have a 1/2 tablespoon measuring spoon, use 1 1/2 teaspoons. It is the same thing.
Make sure whatever oil you use is liquid. So, if you use coconut oil just melt it first
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- splash of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons 1% milk
- 1/2 tablespoon oil (canola, vegetable, olive, coconut)
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- In your large mug or ramekin combine the flour, brown sugar, and baking powder. Mix together with a fork.
- Add in the vanilla extract, milk, oil, and half of the chocolate chips. Mix. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Cook in microwave for 1 minute.
- Let sit for 30 seconds or so to cool down a bit. Eat warm with ice cream, eat it plain or eat it cold! Enjoy!
I’m guessing you have these ingredients right now in your kitchen so you should go make it 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
linking up at the ‘Weekend Potluck’
Here are those ramekins if you need some 🙂
Do you want more 1 serving, microwaveable dessert goodness? Try these!
recipe found here