Warm, comforting chicken noodle soup that can be ready in only 30 minutes! Precooked chicken breasts, vegetables, tender noodles all simmered in a chicken broth base. This 30 minute chicken noodle soup is such a comforting food for anytime of year!
I know technically it’s not “soup season” but if you know one thing about me from reading my blog it’s that I LOVE SOUP and make it if it’s 20 degrees outside or 110 degrees. Any weather is soup weather for me. Plus, chicken noodle soup is like the ultimate soup. You want it when you’re sick, when it’s cold outside, when you’ve had a bad day. It’s like the ultimate comfort food. So it’s always a good thing to have a quick & easy recipe that you can turn to. Like this quick n’ easy 30 minute chicken noodle soup.
The most time consuming part of this recipe is chopping the vegetables. To make it faster I love using baby carrots. No need to peel. Just slice them up and you’re done. I love using leftover chicken for this soup or cooking some chicken earlier in the day (or the day before) and cutting it into chunks to save for this soup. I know some people are opposed to the cans of creamed soup. But, it’s what makes this soup only 30 minutes while still getting a super flavorful and rich chicken broth. Plus, I think we all need easy and convenient recipes in our recipe box that we can pull out and use on a busy day.
If you want to make your own creamed soup then use this recipe. I have made it several times and it’s really good. This soup will no longer be 30 minutes if you make your own 🙂
I would suggest not using the low-sodium chicken broth. The taste is much better using the regular chicken broth.
An easy & fast way to chop the carrots is to use baby carrots and just slice them. So much faster than peeling and slicing a regular carrot.
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (10 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon (graules or the paste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- In a soup pot or large stock pot, combine water, chicken broth, cooked chicken chunks, cream of chicken soup, celery, carrots, onion, dried parsley, chicken bouillon, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in noodles; cook 5-7 minutes longer or until noodles and vegetables are tender.