AVOCADO BLACK BEAN SALAD is a healthy and fresh salad with avocados, black beans, corn, red pepper, green onion, and tomatoes. The easy homemade honey lime vinaigrette is the best part!
AVOCADO BLACK BEAN SALAD
They’re both very similar to today’s recipe, but I really wanted to create a salad that had no cilantro in it. When it comes to cilantro, you either love it or hate it. I happen to love it but I also love the addition of green onion, instead of cilantro, in this avocado and black bean salad.
INGREDIENTS FOR AVOCADO SALAD WITH BLACK BEANS AND CORN
- Canned Black Beans – Be sure you drain and rinse the black beans before adding to the salad.
- Red Bell Pepper – You really can use any color of bell pepper.
- Halved Cherry Tomatoes – Cherry tomatoes are really small tomatoes that come in a package, usually 8-10 oz size packages. I also love using the tri-colored cherry tomato mix in this recipe too.
- Green Onion
- Frozen Corn – You can add the frozen corn right to the salad, or let it sit out on the counter for 30 minutes or so before adding it. The frozen corn will thaw fast and cool down the salad at the same time. Plus, if you refrigerate the salad before serving, the frozen corn will thaw by then.
- Avocado – Look for avocados that have dark (almost black but more really dark green) skin and ones that are soft to the touch. Like if you held the avocado in your hand and gently pressed on it, it should be soft. Not squishy soft (then it’s brown inside) but soft.
- Olive Oil, Fresh Lime Juice, Honey, Salt, Pepper, Cumin – These mix together to create the best honey lime vinaigrette.
HOW TO SERVE AVOCADO SALAD
This salad makes a great light lunch!
Scoop the salad with some tortilla chips for a chunky type salsa
Take to a BBQ or Potluck for a healthier side dish option
Avocado Black Bean Salad
- 1 can (15.5 oz) black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped small
- 2 avocados, chopped (pit & skin removed)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
Honey Lime Vinegerette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 large lime)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Combine black beans, red bell pepper, avocados, corn, halved tomatoes, and green onions in a mixing bowl.
In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, combine all the vinaigrette ingredients and whisk together until combined. Pour over the salad (use a spatula to scrape it all out because the honey will get stuck at the bottom). Gently toss the salad together to coat everything.
Can be eaten right away OR refrigerated for 2-3 hours before serving. Avocados won't brown in the amount of time thanks to the lime juice. I prefer this salad after it has refrigerated for a couple hours.
TRY THESE OTHER SALAD RECIPES