Your favorite cheeseburger flavors baked into an easy, one pan dish that bakes in the oven! Ground beef makes these baked slider cheeseburgers easy & inexpensive. These have already become a family favorite.
I have made these baked cheeseburger sliders dozens of times since I first found the recipe over at The Girl Who Ate Everything (seriously, LOVE her blog) Each time I tell myself “I have to get a decent picture so I can put these on the blog.” And, each time I take a picture they turn out horrible. Just horrible. I finally gave up on trying to get a decent picture and just decided that it’s better to give you all the recipe than to worry about the picture 🙂
I promise, bad picture and all, that these are seriously delicious and amazing! Kids love these (my son ate 4!) and even adults love them too. It’s a family dinner win if you ask me. I will say that you have to add the dill pickle slices. The cheeseburger sliders taste 100x different and better with the pickle.
You can find the 12-pk of slider buns in the bread aisle by the hamburger and hot dog buns. 12 slider buns fit perfectly into the 9×13 dish and there is the perfect amount of meat mixture for all of them too.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 8 oz Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 envelope (1 1/4 oz) onion soup seasoning mix
- 12 slider rolls, sliced in half
- jar of dill pickle slices
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare your 9x13 baking dish by laying the bottom half of the slider bun in the dish. Set aside the bun tops.
- Cook ground beef with the onion over medium-high heat until the beef is no longer pink. Drain if needed.
- Stir in the onion soup seasoning mix and the cubed Velveeta cheese, and cook over medium low heat until the cheese is melted and everything is combined.
- Spread the cheeseburger mixture evenly onto each of the 12 slider buns. Put the bun tops back on. Cover the dish with tin foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with the dill pickle slices, ketchup, and mustard (if desired).