Your favorite cheeseburger flavors baked into an easy, one pan dish that bakes in the oven! Ground beef makes these baked slider cheeseburgers easy & inexpensive. These have already become a family favorite.
I have made these baked cheeseburger sliders dozens of times since I first found the recipe over at The Girl Who Ate Everything (seriously, LOVE her blog) Each time I tell myself "I have to get a decent picture so I can put these on the blog." And, each time I take a picture they turn out horrible. Just horrible. I finally gave up on trying to get a decent picture and just decided that it's better to give you all the recipe than to worry about the picture 🙂
I promise, bad picture and all, that these are seriously delicious and amazing! Kids love these (my son ate 4!) and even adults love them too. It's a family dinner win if you ask me. I will say that you have to add the dill pickle slices. The cheeseburger sliders taste 100x different and better with the pickle.
You can find the 12-pk of slider buns in the bread aisle by the hamburger and hot dog buns. 12 slider buns fit perfectly into the 9x13 dish and there is the perfect amount of meat mixture for all of them too.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 8 oz Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 envelope (1 1/4 oz) onion soup seasoning mix
- 12 slider rolls, sliced in half
- jar of dill pickle slices
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare your 9x13 baking dish by laying the bottom half of the slider bun in the dish. Set aside the bun tops.
- Cook ground beef with the onion over medium-high heat until the beef is no longer pink. Drain if needed.
- Stir in the onion soup seasoning mix and the cubed Velveeta cheese, and cook over medium low heat until the cheese is melted and everything is combined.
- Spread the cheeseburger mixture evenly onto each of the 12 slider buns. Put the bun tops back on. Cover the dish with tin foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with the dill pickle slices, ketchup, and mustard (if desired).