Banana chocolate chip cookies are soft baked cookies that are full of banana and chocolate flavor. Melty chocolate and sweet bananas combine to make a fun twist to the classic chocolate chip cookie. Plus, they’re egg-free too!
I don’t know what is wrong with me but whenever I go to the grocery store I always buy bananas! I don’t know why but for some reason I grab a bunch of bananas every. single. time! Only to come home and realize that there are 3 other bunches of bananas sitting on the counter.
Needless to say, I have been on pinterest lots lately trying to find ways to use them all up. I’ve actually had lots of recipes fails and disasters trying to use up the bananas. I am not even kidding when I say that I attempted 3 different banana breads and they all failed….. but after seeing my friend Alli post her salted caramel banana chocolate chip cookies I have had cookies on my brain.
Luckily these banana chocolate chip cookies were a big hit! You make them just like you would classic chocolate chip cookies but instead of adding an egg you add mashed bananas. These cookies are perfect if you have egg allergies to worry about. And, since it’s egg-free you can eat as much as the dough as you want. And trust me, you’ll want to because it’s good!
Although, egg free or not, I always have to take a finger scoop of cookie dough.
They’re also a soft-bake cookie. So if you love soft cookies then you will love these. They will look puffy when they come out of the oven but once they cool completely they will look more like a classic chocolate chip cookie.
It’s amazing the amount banana flavor you get with just the 2 mashed bananas. It’s like eating a piece of banana bread but in cookie form. And those pockets of melted milk chocolate are to die for!
If you want an extra pretty presentation reserve some of the chocolate chips and press a few into the tops of the cookies after they come out of the oven. Feel free to use whatever chocolate chips you want. Semi-sweet would also be a good choice depending on the sweetness of your banana. My banana was really ripe so I probably could have used semi-sweet but milk chocolate chips are our favorite.
I hope you love these! Make these next time you find yourself with
4 bunches a couple of brown bananas 🙂
Yields 2 1/2 dozen
Banana chocolate chip cookies are soft baked cookies that are full of banana and chocolate flavor. Melty chocolate and sweet bananas combine to make a fun twist to the classic chocolate chip cookie. Plus, they're egg-free too!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare cookie sheets by spraying with cooking spray, parchment paper, or a silpat liner.
- In large mixing bowl, or bowl of a stand mixer, blend the butter, brown sugar, and sugar together until creamy and combined.
- Add vanilla extract and mashed bananas. Blend together.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Blend just until combined. Until no flour pockets remain.
- Stir in chocolate chips. If you want, reserve some chocolate chips to press on top of the cookies after they come out of the oven.
- Drop by spoonfuls, about 2 tablespoons dough, onto cookie sheet. Bake for 9-12 minutes. Edges will be golden brown and the cookies will look puffy.
- Let cool on warm cookie sheet for 10 minutes. Remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
The cookies need to cool completely so that they will come together and set up.
For looks, you can reserve some chocolate chips to press onto the tops of the cookies immediately after they come out of the oven.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST
recipe adapted from Creations by Kara