Sweet, soft, and moist muffins filled with blueberries. The sugary crumb on top takes these delicious muffins to the next level. These are the perfect way to use those summertime blueberries!
I know I say this every time I post a muffin recipe, but….. we LOVE muffins! I found this recipe at The Baker Upstairs (love the recipes she posts) a couple of years ago and I have made them over and over again. They are moist, filled with blueberries, sweet, and our favorite part is the sugary crumb topping.
How do you eat your crumb/struesel muffins? My son eats the crumb topping first, and then eats the muffin part. I prefer to have the crumb and muffin together. My 11 month old just prefers however she can get it in her mouth the fastest 🙂 She ate 2 of these!
Now that blueberries are super cheap at the grocery stores, buy yourself some and make these muffins. Please! They really are the best blueberry muffin I’ve ever made. I have never made a different one since finding this recipe, so you know they must be good.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk (2% or higher)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small cubes
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 12 muffin cup pan with cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Stir with a whisk.
- In smaller bowl, combine melted butter, egg, and milk. Whisk together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large bowl with the flour. Using a rubber spatula, very gently fold together just until combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries. Do not mix to hard because then your batter will turn a purple/dark color.
- Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups. They will about 3/4 full.
- Combine sugar, flour, and cinnamon in small bowl. Mix together. Add the cubed butter, using your fingers or a fork combine together until a dry, crumbly mixture forms.
- Divide the crumb topping over the muffin cups.
- Bake for 14-18 muffins, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 5-10 minutes and eat. These are divine warm!
In case you missed it on Facebook. I am no longer posting a weekly menu plan on Fridays. I will keep posting a menu plan but I will put under the ‘Family Menu Plans’ tab at the top of the blog. Check there weekly for a new meal plan with links.
Have a happy day!