This is my favorite cornbread! So soft, tons of corn flavor, not too sweet, and it bakes up perfectly every single time. Slather with some butter & honey and it’s the perfect side for warm soup or chili.
Cornbread is one of the foods that I could eat for the rest of my life. I have tried so many different recipes and I have always come back to this one.
The buttermilk and 2 sticks of butter make this cornbread so soft, tender, and delicious. I know the 2 sticks of butter may scare some….. I mean, I usually make cookies with less butter!
But, I have learned that cornbread is one of those foods that should not and cannot be made healthy. The other one is alfredo sauce 🙂
I love serving this with some honey butter. Just soften some butter + 2-3 tablespoons and mix it up.
I hope you enjoy this cornbread. It’s the only recipe I use 🙂
If you don't have buttermilk use this: Put 1 tablespoon white vinegar into a 1 cup measuring device and then add milk to make 1 cup. It's best to use whole milk when doing this.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a 8x8 pan and spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine melted butter, eggs, sugar,buttermilk, and baking soda. Stir with a whisk until combined and fluffy. About 1 minute.
- Add the cornmeal, flour, and salt. Stir together well with a wooden spoon.
- Dump into the prepared pan and smooth out the batter. Bake for 28-30 minutes or until edges are a light golden brown and the middle is done.