This Caramel Apple Bundt cake will be one of the easiest desserts you will make, but the outcome tastes like you spent hours! Moist cake mix, chunky apples, pudding mix, and a sweet and silky caramel glaze!
So, I decided I better start posting some apple recipes. While I am not a fan of caramel or caramel apples, I literally about died when I tasted this cake. Even though I don’t care for caramel, that does not mean that I would post it without trying it. I am not one of those food bloggers. Growing up my mom would never let us eat caramel. I specifically remember those caramel apple suckers with the green candy and the hard, caramel-esk outside. Whenever we got them for Halloween we always had to throw them away. If I remember right, she said our teeth would break. So, I’ve stuck with tradition and my kids don’t get it either; like those sugar daddy candies for example.
Anyways, you better believe I ate every last bite of this when I was done taking a picture! Seriously, even this caramel-hater LOVED it.
Don’t be dumb like me and try and take a spoonful of this piping hot caramel……. my taste buds are still burnt! But, it was worth it, soooooo yummy, and silky, and smooth!
I made this cake at night so it would be cool in the morning for a picture. My best photo light is in the morning 🙂 I kid you not, I made this entire cake while my daughter was eating her bedtime snack. It was that easy! A boxed cake mix + pudding mix+ eggs+ oil+ chunked apple is all you need!
Sorry for all the pictures. I never post this many. Just something about how pretty this was to photograph made me so excited! 🙂
If you want additional caramel to drizzle over each piece of cake, just add more than the 25 squares called for.
This cake is best served right after you pour the caramel over top. The caramel will harden after an hour or so. The cake is still delicious, but you won't have the silky, smooth caramel topping.
If the top of your cake is getting too dark, just lightly lay a piece of tin foil over it to stop it from browning/burning.
Serve with some whipped cream and/or ice cream.
- 1 pkg (15.25 oz) french vanilla or yellow butter cake mix
- 1 pkg (4-serving size) JELL-O French Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 1 cup milk, 2% or whole
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 25 squares from 1 pkg (11oz) Kraft Caramels
- 3-5 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In large mixing bowl, beat cake mix, dry pudding mix, milk, eggs, and oil with an electric mixer on low speed until blended. Then beat for 2 minutes on high speed.
- Gently stir in the chopped apples and pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. The edges will be golden brown and the cake will be puffy.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and let cool completely on wire rack.
- To make caramel: In microwaveable safe bowl, combine caramel squares and heavy cream and cook on high for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Pour over cooled cake. Serve right away.
Come back tomorrow because I have one more apple dessert for you! Do you go apple picking in the fall? My kids look forward to it every year 🙂
Enjoy, friends! xoxo