Caramel apple milky way oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are three cookies in one! Oatmeal & peanut butter cookies loaded with chocolate chips and stuffed with a caramel apple milky way. These are the yummiest cookies I’ve ever had. You can’t go wrong!
pictures & post updated September 2017
Wow! I know that is probably the world’s longest recipe title ever. I didn’t want it to be so long but I was not sure what to leave out….. when a cookie is stuffed with that much goodness it ends up being a long name. Oh well, long name or not these cookies are outrageously so yummy. There are no words really besides, make these now! 🙂
These cookies are seriously THE BEST cookie I’ve ever had. Trust me, because I make and sample lots & lots of cookies. Tough job I have, right?! 🙂 Out of all the stuff I make for this blog these are the cookies that I seriously count down the days until I see those caramel apple milky way candies in the store. They’re only in stores around the Fall months and then you can’t get them until the following year. I always stock up. You’ll want to as well. Grab yourself some bags before they’re gone.
Let’s just go through these cookies:
peanut butter cookie
chocolate chip cookie
mini size milky way caramel apple candy
Have you seen these is stores? They are a seasonal candy so they will be with the Halloween/Fall candy seasonal area of the store. I have bought them at Wal-Mart and Target.
They taste exactly like a caramel apple and when you pair that with these cookies, it is seriously out-of-this-world delicious. Please make these. Just like what I said about these ‘Triple Peanut Butter Monster Cookies’ they are worth every. single. calorie!
The easiest way to make these is with a large cookie scoop. One that holds about 2-3 tablespoons of cookie dough. Fill the cookie scoop half way with dough, press a candy in the middle, finish scooping up dough and then release it and form a ball shape while making sure the candy is completely inside the dough ball. Once you’re done, it will look like a bunch of golf balls on the cookie sheet.
Or, you can just grab a couple tablespoons of cookie dough and flatten it a bit on your hands, press a candy in the middle and then fold up the sides and roll into a ball.
Excuse the bad pictures below. This was an original picture to the first post when I was very new into blogging. But, it helps show what to do.
Watch these cookies carefully because you don’t want to overcook them. The cookies should not be browned at all. Mine are perfect at 11 minutes. They set up beautifully and finish baking as they cool. The best part about these cookies is that they are heaven when you eat warm & gooey, and just as good if you let it cool completely. Any leftovers the next day are really good warmed up in the microwave for about 5-10 seconds too.
I always have to promptly bag up the remainder of these and set them aside so my husband could take them to work. Otherwise I’m pretty sure I would eat every single last cookie 🙂
I really hope you LOVE these as much as we do! I know pumpkin is the thing that most look forward to at Fall but these caramel apple oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, for me, are the thing that says ‘it’s finally Fall!” Enjoy friends! 🙂
Yields 18 cookies
Caramel apple milky way oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are three cookies in one! Oatmeal & peanut butter cookies loaded with chocolate chips and stuffed with a caramel apple milky way. These are the yummiest cookies I've ever had. You can't go wrong!
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I prefer the mini size chocolate chips)
- 18 fun size caramel apple milky way candy bars, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silpat liner and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butters and sugars together. Add in egg and vanilla extract and whip until light in color and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in baking soda, salt, flour and oats and stir with a wooden spoon just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop only to halfway, press an unwrapped candy down in the middle, finish scooping up cookie dough, release and roll the dough around the milky way bar to cover completely (see illustrations above). Put on baking sheet.
- Bake 11-13 minutes. Cookies won't spread much and will pale. They will be puffy looking. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely. Or eat one warm (it's heaven!)
Make sure that the caramel apple candy is completely surrounded by the cookie dough. Otherwise, it may ooze out while baking.
This recipe easily doubles! I have doubled it several times. For a double batch, you will use all of the bag of caramel apple candies. You will get 3 dozen cookies for a double batch.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST
recipe adapted from here