Cashew chicken salad wraps are the perfect no oven lunch or dinner for hot summer days. Chicken salad made with chunks of rotisserie chicken, cashews, apples, and cucumbers. Serve inside a wrap with some green leaf lettuce or inside rolls or croissants.
I have a feeling that these chicken salad cashew wraps will be on repeat this summer. Not only do they require no oven but they are so easy to make and literally take minutes to prepare!
I don't know how it is at your house during the summer but around here, the days are full of messes and playing out in the hot sun so by the time dinner rolls around the very last thing I feel like doing is standing over the hot stove to make dinner. We go out to eat so much more during the summer for this very reason.
You can even prepare this cashew chicken salad in the morning and then when it's dinnertime it is all ready to go. These wraps are so yummy served with some fresh fruit or just by themselves.
I prefer using a rotisserie chicken when I make chicken salad. Why? The first is that they're super convenient. I always buy mine at Sam's Club or Costco. Which by the way, Costco has the best rotisserie chicken. By far! So pick one up and pull off the meat to make these wraps.
I also prefer using a rotisserie chicken because the meat is so tender and flavorful. Which really helps add to the flavor of the chicken salad.
Tips for making Cashew Chicken Salad Wraps
- For best results, be sure to seed the cucumber. To do this, cut the cucumber in half (vertically) and then take a dinner spoon and spoon out the seeds in the middle. You will be left with a moon/crescent shape once the cucumber is seeded. Then go ahead and chop up and add to the chicken salad.
- Use any apple you want! I LOVE the gala apples so that is what I use. Gala apples are sweet and tart which pair really nicely with the flavors in this chicken salad. You can choose to peel the apple skin off or leave it on. Whichever way works, it's just what you prefer.
- The dressing calls for 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing, which may seem odd like it's not enough to matter... but the Italian dressing is the secret ingredient of this chicken salad. So much concentrated flavor in a tiny amount that really adds to the flavor. Be sure you use a Italian dressing that you love. I always use the Olive Garden Italian salad dressing (you can buy it in stores).
- You will want to use cashews that are lightly salted.
How do I serve chicken salad?
- Chicken salad is best served cold.
- Chicken salad is so versatile! My favorite way to eat this cashew chicken salad is to put some on top of a bed of green leaf lettuce inside a flatout flatbread wrap.
- You could also use a flour tortilla or make sandwiches out of it and put some inside rolls or croissants.
- For a low carb version, serve some of the chicken salad over a bed of chopped lettuce.
- I also like to scoop some chicken salad up with some of the multi-grain tortilla chips. Maybe it's just me, but the crispy tortilla chips is so yummy with the chicken salad.
- You can eat this chicken salad right away or put it in the fridge for 2-3 hours before you need it. The leftovers are really good the next day as well. Chicken salad does tend to dry out slightly the longer it sits in the fridge, so if this happens just drizzle some Italian dressing or mix in some additional mayonnaise to the salad and then serve.
This is our favorite way to eat this chicken salad. Take a flatout flatbread wrap and lay it on a plate. Lay some green leaf lettuce in the middle and then pile on the cashew chicken salad. I love the flatout bread because it's lower in carbs and it's really good too. It definitely does not taste like it's "healthier" that's for sure.
You can also serve it over chopped lettuce or make chicken salad sandwiches out of it and serve with some rolls or croissant rolls for a nice buttery, rich taste.
If you love chicken salad then be sure and also go take a look at these other chicken salad recipes
- Pineapple Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Dill Pickle Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Santa Fe Chicken Salad Wraps
- Tropical Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Cashew Chicken Salad Wraps
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken (I use rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumbers (peeled and seeded)
- 1/2 cup chopped apple (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1/2 cup slightly salted cashews
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- green leaf lettuce
- flatout flatbread or rolls
- Combine all ingredients (not the lettuce and bread!) in a mixing bowl and stir together until combined.
- You can serve it right away or for best results let it refrigerate for about 1-2 hours and then serve. Serve over some lettuce inside a wrap, as a sandwich in a roll, or over some chopped lettuce for a salad.
- If leftover get too dried out just add some additional mayo or Italian dressing to moisten it back up.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST