All the classic flavors of a BLT + shredded chicken + cheese all stuffed inside a tender, buttery, and flaky croissant dough. This is an easy dinner that the entire family will love!
Hey! Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful. If you’re like me and so over being in the kitchen (like I have been for the past 2 days) these chicken BLT cups make the perfect easy & delicious dinner idea. Plus, you could even substitute in leftover turkey.
The recipe says to use my Homemade Ranch Dressing and I would highly recommend it. It only take minutes to prepare and it will make these cups taste incredible. Of course, you can go with the bottled ranch dressing and I am sure it will be yummy, but if you want mind-blowing deliciousness then you should make the homemade stuff.
Top with the some shredded lettuce, diced tomato, and a drizzle of ranch dressing and you’re set.
BACON TIP: Line a cookie sheet (I do at least a double layer) with tin foil and lay your bacon strips out on top. Put into a cold oven and turn the temperature to 400 degrees. Let those bacon strips cook to your liking. I like mine crispy so I leave them in for about 25 minutes.
This is a really easy way to cook bacon without all the grease splatter & it cuts down on that “greasy bacon” smell. Which I know some like that (my husband…..) but I don’t care for it.
The recipe as written makes 16 chicken BLT cups. You could easily half this recipe and get 8 of them instead.
You can use a rotisserie chicken to make it even easier. Or, place some chicken breast in the slow cooker and cover with chicken broth, cook on low for 4-6 hours and then shred. They shred beautifully because they are so tender and moist. This is my favorite method for shredded chicken.
- 2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing (more or less to liking)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- diced tomato
- shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a muffin/cupcake pan with cooking spray.
- in mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, ranch dressing, shredded cheese, and bacon. Stir together. Set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough from package (it will be in the shape of a rectangle). Ignore the perforated lines that make the crescents and instead cut the dough into 8 squares. Repeat with second tube of crescent dough.
- Place one square of dough into each muffin cup and gently press dough inside and around the sides.
- Evenly disperse the chicken filling among the muffin cups.
- Cook for 12-18 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes in the pan and then remove to a serving plate. Sprinkle some diced tomato and shredded lettuce on top of each cup and then drizzle some more ranch dressing.
Have a wonderful Black Friday 🙂 I might go out and brave the stores today….. or better yet, I might go out and brave taking my kids to the store today. We’ll see. Only one of them likes to shop with mommy and the other 2, well, not so much!
linking up at ‘Weekend Potluck’