I love dinners that are delicious, fast, and simple to prepare. This Parmesan Meatball Bake is one of those. There is nothing I love more than sitting at the table and eating dinner with my family. With 3 kids, age 5 and under, you can imagine it’s not always quiet, more than likely a few tantrums, and you can always count on someone spilling their drink 🙂 Regardless of all that, I still think it’s so important to sit down together and eat dinner. I love this meatball bake because it’s simple to prepare, it’s delicious, everyone loves it, and it brings us all together!
I know the picture probably does not do the meal any justice, but just trust me, it’s delicious 🙂 Pasta, homemade chicken parmesan meatballs (that are amazing!), and cheese. I mean does it get better than that?!?
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese [stuff in the green can]
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 lb (16 oz box) campanelle pasta [or any small/medium shaped pasta]
- 1 jar (24 oz) marinara sauce, any variety/flavor
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Don't forget to salt your pasta water!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- While pasta is cooking prepare the meatballs. In large bowl, combine all meatball ingredients and mix together well with your hands (it's the easiest way). Form into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter, and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Pour marinara sauce in large bowl, add in cooked pasta and meatballs, gently stir together.
- Spread half of the mixture into a 9x13 pan [sprayed with cooking spray] top with half the cheese, repeat layers. Sprinkle the top of the casserole with the Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
See you next time 🙂
recipe found here – her pictures are Ah-mazing! Go check them out!