A soft & thick chocolate chip m&m cookie bar that is loaded with two kinds of chocolate. Kids and adults alike will love these colorful & chewy chocolatey cookie bars.
Whenever my kids ask to make cookies or brownies I can always expect them to want m&m’s or sprinkles in the treat. And sometimes both! I made these chocolate chip m&m cookie bars for a preschool picnic and I brought home an empty plate 🙂 I always love bringing home empty plates because then you know that people enjoyed what you made.
The batter comes together really nicely and fast, load it up with the good stuff; chocolate chips & m&m’s and then let it bake away. You will know when they’re done because the edges will get puffy and a nice golden brown color. The center will continue to bake as the bars cool.
We’re packed up and headed off to grandma’s house for an entire month! We’re all so excited and I keep telling my husband that I may never come back…… we’ll see. So, forgive me if posting is a bit slow on the blog. I know it’s been slow for the past few months but I’m getting back on track. Life’s thrown some curve balls at us lately.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini m&m's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with foil and lightly spray the bottom with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, combine brown sugar, white sugar, and melted butter. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring or blending between each addition, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients a little at a time until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and mini m&m's (save a few for the top if desired). Once dough is thoroughly mixed, press into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven when edges are golden brown and center appears set, but still soft. Cool completely to room temperature and then cut into squares.
Thanks for visiting friends 🙂
Try these other cookie bar recipes!