Easy, frozen cinnamon rolls soaked in a milk & egg mixture overnight. Bake it up in the morning and you have a delicious breakfast bake that everyone will love. This cinnamon roll french toast breakfast bake is perfect for a special occasion breakfast or for guests.
I love having a special breakfast for New Year's Day. You know, start the new year off right with a warm, delicious, and heavenly smelling cinnamon roll french toast breakfast bake. It's the perfect way to start the year if you ask me!
I love breakfast bakes because you prepare them the night before, pop it in the fridge, go to bed (yay!), and then bake it up in the morning. Your house will smell like freshly made cinnamon rolls & scrambled eggs and like you were up at the crack of dawn preparing it all.... but, really, it was way easier. This takes 5 minutes to prepare the night before.
Doesn't that look so good! Oh, and the best part, there is no need to prepare the cream cheese icing for the top. Inside the bag of Rhodes frozen cinnamon rolls are 2 pouches of it. Place them on a plate in the microwave for about 30 seconds and then drizzle over the warm bake.
Or you could always make your own cream cheese frosting if you would rather.
This meal is actually a 2-in-1 breakfast bake. You have the sweet, fluffy cinnamon rolls and then you get this egg layer (hence the 'french toast' part). It sounds a bit weird, but I promise it all works. The egg, sweet cinnamon rolls, and then the glaze on top. Plus, this is way too easy not to try.
Just buy yourself a bag of frozen cinnamon rolls (there are 12 in a bag) and you probably already have the rest ingredients on hand.
Serves 8 adult size servings
Do not discard the glaze packets that will be in the bag of frozen cinnamon rolls. Place the packets back in the freezer until in the morning after you have cooked the breakfast bake. Take out of freezer and microwave for 30 seconds to soften and then drizzle over the bake.
- 1 bag (36.5 oz) frozen cinnamon rolls, 12 pk (like Rhodes)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk, 2% or higher is best
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- cream cheese glaze packets from frozen cinnamon rolls
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut each frozen cinnamon roll into 4 pieces. Some may break and not be in 4 perfect pieces and that's fine. Place into the baking dish in an even layer. A few may be overlapping.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk together until well combined. Pour over the cinnamon rolls in the baking dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge overnight.
- Take the dish out of the fridge in the morning and leave on the counter while you preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Place a piece of tin foil over top of the dish (loosely) to prevent the cinnamon rolls from browning too much.
- Let cool for 3-5 minutes. Place glaze packets in the microwave for 30 seconds and drizzle over the breakfast bake. Serve.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST