COLESLAW PASTA SALAD
This coleslaw pasta salad just very well may be my favorite pasta salad. The texture, crunch, and light flavor are out of this world delicious.
Combine that with a creamy dressing and it’s basically a match made in Heaven.
Pasta salads are me very favorite thing to bring to picnic, BBQ’s, or gatherings during the summer. There are so many different pasta salads and it’s always fun to try new ones.
HOW TO MAKE COLESLAW PASTA SALAD
Colelsaw pasta salad could not be simpler to make!
Cook up some ditalini pasta and add it with a bunch of other goodies. Celery, water chestnuts, bagged coleslaw mix, sweet onion, green pepper, and cucumbers. Mix up a simple creamy dressing and combine it all together.
I also like to add some chopped up hard-boiled eggs too. The original recipe does not call for egg but I love the addition of it in this salad.
MY TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE
- This salad MUST be made ahead of time. Trust me, it is not very good right after making it. The flavors need time to come together and it needs to be cold before serving. I always make it in the morning and leave it in the fridge until I need it.
- I know it’s a lot of mayonnaise but it is a pasta salad. It’s creamy and so yummy. But if you are totally against the mayo, maybe substitute half of it with plain Greek yogurt.
- I would recommend cutting all the veggies and add-ins roughly the same size as the ditalini pasta.
TRY THESE OTHER PASTAS SALAD RECIPES
Coleslaw Pasta Salad
coleslaw pasta salad
- 1 box (16 oz) ditalini pasta
- 1 bag (16 oz) coleslaw mix
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped small
- 1 can (8 oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Don't forget to add salt to the cooking water. I add about 1-2 teaspoons.
- Transfer pasta to a large mixing bowl; add the coleslaw mix, onions, celery, cucumber, green pepper, water chestnuts, and eggs. Mix together.
- In separate bowl combine the dressing ingredients and stir with a whisk. Pour over the pasta salad and stir well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours before serving.