Make delicious P.F. Chang’s famous chicken lettuce wraps right at home! They taste exactly like the restaurant & are so easy to recreate at home.
Hopefully you have had a chance to eat at P.F. Chang’s. We currently don’t even live close to one. The only thing close where we are, are the generic chain restaurants. If we want decent restaurants we have to go closer to D.C or Baltimore.
My husband & I married during college and I still remember we would go out to eat maybe twice a week. Of course, this was all pre-kids when we actually had time & money 🙂 One of the places we would go was to P.F. Chang’s and we always got their famous chicken lettuce wraps.
It’s a simple, one-pot ground chicken mixture with some added Asian sauces, water chestnuts, and of course green onions. Don’t leave out the green onions. They seriously make this dish, somehow.
Serve with some Boston, Bibb, or Iceberg lettuce and you’re good to go. I made these for lunch one day and then had them for leftovers for a few days. I even liked eating the meat cold inside a lettuce wrap. Amazingly, my 4 year old asked to eat those “lettuce sandwich things” for lunch a couple days in a row.
Iceberg lettuce will be the cheapest option and it’s actually the one I prefer. I love the crisp crunch it gives to these chicken lettuce wraps. Of course the Boston or Bibb lettuce are just as delicious but they are more expensive in the store and a softer lettuce. But still mega delish 🙂
If you want to try another really yummy lettuce wrap, then try these ASIAN CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS.
You will find the hoisin sauce and rice wine vinegar next to the soy sauce, by the other Asian ingredients, in the grocery store.
I added about 1/2 teaspoon hoisin sauce (maybe a bit less) and 2 teaspoons brown sugar and it was perfect. Not spicy, just flavorful. Add more or less of the sriracha sauce and brown sugar to your liking.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1-2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter, bibb, or iceberg lettuce
- In a skillet pan over medium-high heat add olive oil, ground chicken, and chopped onions. Crumble meat and cook until no longer pink.
- Add in the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, fresh grated ginger, sriracha sauce, and brown sugar. Combine together and let simmer, for about 3 minutes, over medium heat so the flavors can combine.
- Add water chestnuts and green onion. stir and let cook for 1 minute longer.
- Serve inside lettuce leaves and garnish with additional green onion.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to Pinterest ♥ ♥