Tender spaghetti noodles covered in a rich, hearty, and meaty sauce. This is such a warm and comforting meal that will fill everyone up.
This cowboy spaghetti is so comforting and that perfect cold weather meal. It’s pasta noodles covered in a rich & meaty pasta sauce. The ingredients may sound a bit odd, but they all come together and are so delicious.
I love to let this simmer on the stove top for at least 30 minutes. The sauce gets thick and the flavors develop together and it is so yummy.
Be sure and serve with some sliced green onions and shredded cheddar cheese. You can use fresh sliced pastrami from the deli counter or buy a 1/2 lb package refrigerated sliced lunch meat.
I have always wondered why it’s called Cowboy Spaghetti. Not sure? I’m thinking maybe it has to do with all the hearty ingredients. After a long day of work this meal will make you happy and full.
I end up using about 3/4 cup beef broth. Add more or less depending on desired consistency.
If you like spicier add in some chopped pepperoni, chopped jalapenos, and/or Tabasco sauce.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, mince or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 lb pastrami, roughly chopped
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped olives
- 1 can (14 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup beef broth
- 1 lb package spaghetti noodles
- sliced green onion, shredded cheese for garnish
- In a large, deep-skillet pan brown ground beef and onion over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain. Return to pan.
- Add in garlic, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir together and let cook for 1 minute.
- Add in pastrami and olives, stir together and let cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add fire roasted diced tomato, tomato sauce, and beef broth. Stir and let come to a low boil and then reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer while you prepare the spaghetti noodles.
- Serve over spaghetti noodles and garnish with green onions and shredded cheese.
Starting tomorrow (Can you believe it’s already December?!?) I will be doing a 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS COOKIES on the blog. Twelve days straight of delicious & sweet Holiday treats. You don’t want to miss it.
Have a great day everyone 🙂
recipe adapted from Favorite Family Recipes
This recipe uses two of my favorite and most used kitchen tools! Do you own them? I would highly recommend having these in your kitchen. Get yourself an early Christmas present 🙂 You deserve it.
I could not live without my meat chopper. This makes cooking ground meats so easy!
A garlic press makes using garlic in recipes so easy. You don’t even have to peel the garlic clove!