This cranberry-jalapeno cream cheese salsa dip will have your taste buds going crazy! Sweet, heat, bitter, smooth & creamy. This salsa dip is incredible and highly addictive! You have been warned 🙂
I don’t want to tell you all what to do, but….. you NEED to make this. Like, now!
This salsa dip will literally have your taste buds going crazy (in the best possible way, of course!). You have the bitterness from the cranberries, the sweetness from the sugar, the heat from the jalapenos & cilantro, and then round it out with the smooth, cool, creaminess from the cream cheese.
Seriously. So good.
My favorite cracker to use for this dip are saltines crackers. Which did you know they came out with rounds ones? I had no idea. I mean, I guess I don’t shop the cracker aisle often, so maybe they’ve been around forever for all I know. You can also use Wheat Thins, Triscuits, and/or Ritz.
When I was pregnant with our second child I would go to this Amish store here in town and buy jars (yes it’s plural, literally several jars of it) of jalapeno jelly. Which is the same idea as this salsa dip but with the added cranberries.
I kid you not, I ate that jalapeno jelly + cream cheese on top of saltine crackers for like a month straight. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, you name it and I was eating it.
Ironically enough, that was the pregnancy I gained the least amount of weight. So, that means this cranberry-jalapeno cream cheese salsa dip is like basically health food. 🙂
It’s so good. I still have some up in the fridge. I may have to go get me some.
This would make a great appetizer for your Holiday parties or a fun treat to munch on Thanksgiving day while cooking. Or, just make it for a snack.
I do not own a food processor. I used my food chopper (it's small, like a mini food chopper) and it worked just fine. I had to chop/pulse the cranberries in 3 batches, and then I chopped/pulsed all the greens and liquid in another batch (cilantro, green onions, salt, cumin, jalapeno, lemon juice, etc). I then just combined it all in the bowl and mixed together.
I used 1 cup of sugar as stated in the recipe.
- 1 bag (12 oz) fresh cranberries
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 cup sugar (or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- pinch of salt
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, light or regular
- Pulse the cranberries in a food processor, food chopper or blender until coarsely chopped.
- Add the green onions, cilantro, jalapeno, sugar, cumin, lemon juice and salt and pulse until the ingredients are well combined and finely chopped.
- Transfer the mixture to a covered bowl or tupperware and refrigerate for 4 hours (or up to overnight) so the flavors can develop and the cranberries lose a bit of their tartness.
- When ready to serve, spread the cream cheese in an even layer on a serving plate or 9-inch pie dish and top with the cranberry-jalapeno mixture, spreading evenly over the top of the cream cheese.
- Can be served right away for refrigerate for up to an hour.
- Serve with crackers.
Have a fabulous Friday! Thanks so much for stopping by!
This is the food chopper that I have. I love it. And, the food choppers are a lot cheaper than a food processor and they essentially do the same thing.