CREAMY BEEF NOODLE BAKE
This creamy beef noodle bake is my go-to dinner! A dinner that I can count on to feed the entire family and something that no one will whine about having to eat.
Simple ingredients like ground beef, egg noodles, tomato sauce, cottage cheese, sour cream, shredded cheese, and some seasonings. It's really the best classic comfort food.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY BEEF NOODLE BAKE
This creamy beef noodle bake is seriously so yummy and best of all it's really easy too. Only a few steps and one casserole dish is all you need.
- Brown and crumble ground beef. Add tomato sauce and seasonings, and let that simmer for about 15 minutes while you cook the egg noodles and prepare the cheese part.
- Cook egg noodles according to package instructions. Keep in mind that they will cook slightly more in the oven so cook to al dente or slightly longer depending on preference.
- Mix together the cottage cheese and sour cream in a large mixing bowl. Drain noodles when done cooking and immediately add to this mixture. Stir to coat the noodles.
- Layer half the noodles in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish, top with half the meat sauce, and then half the shredded cheese. Repeat layers and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
MY TIPS FOR THIS GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE RECIPE
- This dish is mild on flavor on purpose. It's a recipe that the entire family can eat and love! But it's also very adaptable. I have tons of people who add some fresh garlic or fresh onion in with the ground beef. Others have added double the onion powder, and some garlic powder along with it. The point is, is that you can really make this your own depending on who you're cooking for or your preferences.
- Use any kind of shredded cheese you want. I love using Colby Jack cheese but anything will work. Shredded cheddar cheese or even Pepper Jack cheese for a kick. As always, shredding your own cheese is preferred but the pre-shredded cheese will of course work if needed.
- If you don't like cottage cheese you could try using ricotta cheese. The flavor of the cottage cheese is so much better in this casserole but I have had several people comment that ricotta cheese works well. If you don't like either of those you could try just doubling the sour cream. I personally have never done that so I can't say for sure, but I am thinking it would work just fine.
- For best taste use the full-fat, real cottage cheese and sour cream. The light and low-fat don't have as much flavor and they tend to have more liquid.
TRY THESE OTHER GROUND BEEF FAMILY DINNER RECIPES
- homemade meaty spaghetti sauce
- baked spaghetti casserole
- cheesy taco spaghetti casserole
- tomato hamburger vegetable soup
- easy beef & rice enchiladas
- creamy beef and shells
Creamy Beef Noodle Bake
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 package (12 oz) egg noodles
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cottage cheese 16 oz container
- 2 cups shredded cheese I use Colby Jack
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish and spray with cooking spray.
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet until no longer pink. Drain any excess fat.
- Add in the tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and onion powder into the meat and let simmer on low while you prepare the rest.
- Cook the egg noodles according to package directions [don't forget to salt the water!]
- In large bowl, mix together the sour cream and the cottage cheese.
- Drain the noodles and pour them into the mixing bowl with the sour cream and cottage cheese. Stir to coat all the noodles.
- Pour half the egg noodle mixture into your prepared pan, top with half the ground beef mixture, and then half the shredded cheese. Repeat.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
recipe adapted from the recipe critic