Pasta shells mixed with a creamy taco meat. This is all the flavors you love about a taco but mixed with pasta! Top with your favorite taco toppings and dinner is ready.
Things have been crazy here! I feel like every year I’m never quite ready for what the month of December brings; getting presents, remembering to mail packages on time, school activities, school parties, church parties, homework, decorating, baking, making sure you have everything ready for Christmas, my son’s birthday on the 22nd, and on top of all that my family still wants to eat 🙂
I am really loving these fast, quick, and simple 30-minute meals lately.
This creamy taco pasta is one of our favorites (I say that about everything, I know…..). We love it with some shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, avocado, and if you want extra creamy and cheesy, add some more shredded cheese on top. My kids love lots and lots of cheese so they always sprinkle tons of cheese on top. I prefer it without the extra cheese because the dish is already so creamy and cheesy thanks to the cream cheese.
If you want a more mild dish use the mild taco seasoning and mild salsa. If you like a bit of heat go with the regular taco seasoning and a medium or hot salsa. This dish can be really whatever you want it to be; add some beans, change up the salsa flavors, use light cream cheese to save some calories, light sour cream, etc.
Be sure and save some pasta water. It will help loosen the dish and moisten it so the cooked pasta does not dry out.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 jar (16 oz) salsa
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 box (16 oz) medium shell pasta
- taco toppings for garnish
- Heat water in a large pot and bring to boiling. Remember to salt the water.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium-high heat brown ground beef and onion until meat is no longer pink. Drain. Add in garlic and stir and let cook just until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add taco seasoning and salsa, stir together to combine. Then add the cubes of cream cheese, and sour cream. Stir together. Turn heat to medium-low and let simmer.
- While meat is simmering, drop your pasta and in the boiling water and let cook according to package instructions. Drain pasta and return to pot. Reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- Add the meat mixture into the cooked pasta and stir together. Use the reserved pasta water, as needed, in the dish. I end up using about 1/2 a cup of pasta water.
- Serve with taco toppings.
Hope you all have a wonderful day! Thanks for stopping by and visiting 🙂