Creamy tortellini artichoke pasta salad requires only 5 ingredients! It’s so quick & easy and perfect for a BBQ, picnic, light lunch, or a side dish. Marinated artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, green onions, tortellini, and creamy Italian dressing create a delicious pasta salad.
With spring right around the corner all I can think about is BBQ’s and picnics. My favorite side dish for summer BBQ’s is always pasta salads. I make this ranch pasta salad all the time and this coleslaw pasta salad for picnics.
But this creamy tortellini artichoke pasta salad just may be my new favorite pasta salad…. for now anyways 🙂 This salad uses marinated artichokes which provide so much flavor! I had never used marinated artichokes before but now I know I’ve been missing out.
Cook some fresh, refrigerated tortellini according to package directions. Add it into a mixing bowl with some halved cherry tomatoes, sliced green onions, and a jar of marinated artichoke hearts. The creamy dressing is just some store bought creamy Italian salad dressing.
I prefer to use the fresh, refrigerated tortellini. I think it tastes better than the frozen. You can use frozen, it’s totally fine, just whatever you prefer.
The only refrigeration this salad needs is a couple of hours so everything can get cold. Although, I ate it right after making it and it was still amazing. But just as with any pasta salad, they tend to taste better when they’re cold.
If wanted, add a couple tablespoons of additional dressing and mix together right before serving. I did not think it needed more, but if you want more creaminess and “sauce” then that’s a great way to get it.
Tips for making this pasta salad recipe
- Be sure to drain and then rinse the tortellini under cold water after cooking. This will help it cool down and stop it from cooking more.
- The leftovers of this salad are great the next day as well. I love eating the leftovers for lunch.
- Use a salad dressing that you love! The flavor really shines through. I use the Kraft brand Creamy Italian salad dressing. You can also use Caesar dressing, ranch, or any other creamy based dressing.
I hope you love this. Be sure and save this for all those summertime picnics and BBQ’s. It’s easily portable and packs great. Plus, it’s pretty easy too 🙂
Creamy Tortellini Artichoke Pasta Salad
- 2 packages (9 oz each) cheese tortellini
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 jar (7 oz) marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup creamy Italian salad dressing
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine cooked & cooled tortellini, halved cherry tomatoes, green onions, artichoke hearts, and creamy salad dressing in a mixing bowl. Stir together until combined.
- Eat right away or refrigerate for 1-2 hours so it can get cold and the flavors can combine together.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST