Sweet & tart dried cherries combine with the slightly sweet and creamy dark chocolate to make one amazing and unforgettable fudge combination!
Welcome to day 6 of 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS COOKIES !!
I know. I know. I totally skipped yesterday for the 12 days of Christmas Cookies. Eeeeek!
Let’s just say that I have had 3 recipe fails in a row. And only 1 of them was a new recipe, the other 2 I have made several times over and they’ve always turned out. I think I am going through a “baking funk” right now. Every once in awhile nothing will turn out….. I am in that time right now 🙁 Hence, why yesterday’s post was skipped because I had nothing to share! I could of shared it, I suppose, but I only share the best of the best on this blog because I want everyone, experienced cook or not, to be able to replicate these recipes I post with success. That’s my goal!
I went to a cookie exchange the other night and took this dark chocolate cherry fudge. I was actually planning on making something else but I was at the store and saw this recipe in the baking aisle and I knew that I had to make it. I’m not normally a fan of dark chocolate but the dried, tart cherries combined with the creamy dark chocolate sounded too good to pass up.
This fudge is so easy to make. I love the dark chocolate paired with the sweet, tart dried cherries. Plus, you know what they say….. dark chocolate is healthier for you 🙂
TIP: after the mixture comes to a boil and you add the chocolate chips, marshmallows, etc. Stir VERY FAST with a thick & durable wooden spoon. The mixture hardens up quickly so you want to have it all ready to immediately dump in and then be prepared to use some muscle to get it all mixed together. Read the directions below and it should hopefully make more sense.
Have your ingredients all measured out and ready to go. Once your mixture reaches a full boil, you immediately need to dump in the marshmallows, chocolate, cherries, and vanilla. The fudge will thicken up really fast (therefore making it impossible to stir) if you don't have those ingredients lined up and ready to just be dumped in.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 can (5 oz) Evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (10 oz) dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cherries, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 8-inch square baking dish with foil. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter, and salt in medium saucepan. Bring to a full boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Once full boil is reached, boil for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Turn off heat and dump in marshmallows, dark chocolate chips, dried cherries, and vanilla extract. Stir very fast and vigorously until everything is combined together. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours, or until firm.
- Lift out by the foil and cut into small squares.
See you tomorrow! Hope you have a wonderful Sunday 🙂