These cookies are loaded with two kinds of chocolate and you would never even know there is tons of zucchini! We make these every summer!
I hope I can still sneak in a zucchini recipe. Even though we are not getting any more zucchini from our garden, maybe others are? I am buying it from my grocery store. They are still selling it for a good price.
These cookies are sure to be a hit because they are a chocolate lover’s dream. It’s a chocolate cookie base + shredded zucchini + lots of chocolate chips through out. And, if you’re like me, and like things pretty (it will taste the same no matter what 😉 ) save some chocolate chips and lightly press them into the cookie after they’re done baking.
I will note that every time I have made these, I feel the *need* to add in some liquid; water, milk, something. It always seems so dry. But, I promise, it’s supposed to be like that. They bake up so light and puffy. And, your kids or whoever eats these, will never know there is zucchini in them. Win!
Another tip is to use a cookie scoop, or small ice cream scoop to scoop your cookie dough onto the baking sheet. I have done this for years and it works so well. The cookies come out in perfect little shapes. And, my sisters & mom can attest to this, if you’re anything like me and you’re a bit OCD in the kitchen, get yourself one of those cookie scoops. It will make you happy 🙂
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1 package (11 oz) chocolate chips, reserve some for top if wanted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your baking sheets by lining with parchment paper, baking mat, or spraying with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until creamy and combined. Add egg and vanilla. Blend well.
- Mix in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Blend together, or stir with a wooden spoon, just until combined.
- Fold in the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Drop large spoonfuls of dough, or use a cookie scoop, onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Happy Friday! I will probably be posting more often for the next little bit because I have LOTS of recipe just waiting to be shared with y’all. I want to hurry and share them so I can start pumpkin & apple recipes 🙂
Enjoy friends! xoxo