EASY GOULASH RECIPE
If you’re anything like me then you may be wondering what the heck goulash is? Today’s recipe for goulash that I am sharing is a very Americanized version of the classic dish that is known for being a heavily seasoned meat stew.
To make easy goulash I use ground beef and the stove top. Which means it’s ready quickly and uses inexpensive ingredients.
HOW TO MAKE GOULASH ON THE STOVE TOP
Add the olive oil, diced green bell pepper, diced onion, and ground beef into a pan. Over medium high heat, cook and crumble the ground beef until it’s no longer pink. This will take about 4-5 minutes.
Add the garlic and let it cook for about a minute longer.
Then add some tomato sauce, tomato pasta, frozen corn, soy sauce, basil, oregano, and seasoned salt. Bring that to a low boil and then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer.
While the goulash is simmering boil the egg noodles or pasta of your choice.
Serve the hot goulash over hot cooked noodles.
MY TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE
- This recipe is very adaptable. I’ve thrown in some frozen peas because my kids love peas (I know, weird!). You can also change up the spices and seasonings if wanted. Traditional goulash has paprika in it so add some of that. Or add some Italian seasoning, or whatever else you love.
- Use any type of onion you like. Yellow onion, white onion, or a sweet onion are all great choices.
- We like to eat this goulash with some shredded parmesan cheese on top. Green onions are also a great topper as well as any other cheese.
- Serve with egg noodles or cooked pasta.
TRY THESE OTHER EASY DINNER RECIPES MADE ON THE STOVE TOP
- BBQ beef pasta skillet
- one pot cheesy chicken broccoli & rice
- easy skillet cashew chicken
- creamy parmesan one pot chicken and rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper diced small
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cans (15 oz each) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- cooked egg noodles or pasta for serving
- Add olive oil, green pepper, onion, ground beef, salt, and pepper into a skillet pan. Cook, over medium-high heat, and crumble the ground beef until it's no longer pink. About 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute. Drain the grease from the pan.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, frozen corn, soy sauce, dried basil, dried oregano, and seasoned salt. Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat to low and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Cook pasta or egg noodles according to package directions. Serve hot goulash over the cooked noodles.