Easy chili recipe is made with simple pantry ingredients that you probably have on hand. Ground beef and convenient canned items make for a thick & delicious easy chili recipe with taco seasonings!
EASY CHILI RECIPE
Pantry chili is one of those recipes that I get nervous to share with people because of the “surprise” ingredient. Not so much a surprise but more of “hmm, why didn’t I think of that?”.
The base of most chili recipes is tomato. So why not make it easy and use a jar of spaghetti sauce. There it is. I said it. This chili recipe uses a jar of spaghetti sauce.
And I won’t even apologize for it cause it’s good and adds so much flavor without all the simmering, all the spices, and ingredients.
Ingredients needed to make easy chili
- Lean ground beef
- Finely diced onion (either a yellow, white, or sweet onion will work)
- 1 can of creamed corn
- 1 can of chili beans (pinto beans in a mild chili sauce)
- 1 can of petite diced tomatoes
- Jar of spaghetti sauce (pick either a plain flavor or a garlic & onion sauce)
- Packet of taco seasoning + some additional seasonings like cumin & garlic powder
Get a soup pot or other large pot, brown & crumble the ground beef and diced onion. I also like to add about 1/2 teaspoon of salt. This is totally optional. I do it because I really dislike unseasoned ground meat.
Add in all the other ingredients and bring to a low boil. Once it’s boiling lightly reduce the heat to medium low or low heat and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
Serve with all the toppings you love. I always do sliced avocado, shredded cheese, and sour cream. My kids always love to dip some tortilla chips into their chili as well.
Try these other chili recipes
- White Bean Turkey Chili
- Classic Chili
- Veggie Loaded Taco Chili
- 8 Can Chicken Chili
- Baked Been & Beef Chili
Easy Pantry Chili
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 can creamed corn (undrained)
- 1 can chili beans (undrained)
- 1 can petite diced tomaotes (undrained)
- 1 jar (26 oz) spaghetti sauce
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown and crumble the ground beef with the diced onion. I like to add 1/2 teaspoon of salt here to flavor the meat. Drain.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir together. Bring to a boil. Once boiling turn heat down to medium-low or low and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with all your favorite chili toppings!
PIN this recipe to PINTEREST