Grilled fresh ground beef patties, onion soup mix, creamy bbq sauce, carmelized onions, melty cheese, and crispy potato chips all combine to make one amazing, and surprisingly easy burger.
I have to start out this post by telling you something about me…… I do not care for meat. The only time, and I truly mean ONLY time, I eat hamburgers is when I am pregnant, and when we make these 🙂 I like chicken (If I cook it) and I like ground turkey and ground chicken, and I can handle ground beef if it is mixed in with something. I have never had a steak in my life. Something about the bright red, blood oozing, chewy looking meat just makes me want to gag.
With that being said, I actually love these burgers! My husband loves to grill and these are always on our list of ‘must grill’ dinners during the summer. I love the crispy potato chips on these burgers, and the creamy sauce combined with the carmelized onions is ah-mazing! These are actually really simple as well. They require a few steps but it is worth it in the end. I hate those meals that require like 10 pans and hours of cooking, just to have the meal turn out to be a total waste. I promise, these won’t 🙂
Add these cheeseburgers to your summer grilling list and enjoy!
- 1 large Yellow Onion
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bullion granules or base
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 pound ground beef [85/15]
- 1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper, to taste [I do about 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1/4 teaspoon pepper]
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- Hamburger buns
- Potato chips
- sliced cheese [provolone or muenster is really good]
- Start by preparing your burgers. Combine ground beef, onion soup mix, egg, and salt & pepper in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. It works best to mix with your clean hands. Form 4-6 patties, depending on size preference [they will shrink once cooked on the grill]. Set aside.
- Prepare carmelized onions. Melt butter in large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onions and stir so that all the onions are coated in the melted butter. Cover with lid, and tilt slightly so that the steam can escape. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and bbq sauce. Set aside, covered.
- While onions are steaming, grill your burgers to your liking. Add cheese the last few minutes and let melt. Set aside while you finish the onions.
- Stir together the water and beef bullion granules or base, pour over onions. Turn heat to high, and let the onions simmer, uncovered, until all the water has evaporated.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Build your hamburger. Spread the sauce on both sides of the bun, add your meat patty, carmelized onions, and some potato chips. Enjoy!
Have a great Monday,
recipe from here