Fritos corn salad will be one salad that no one will forget! Loaded with corn, vegetables, a creamy spiced dressing, and an entire bag of Fritos Chili Cheese corn chips. So many flavors and textures. It’s the perfect salad for a BBQ, picnic, or a potluck.
I know Fritos and salad don’t even belong in the same sentence together but I just couldn’t help myself. Bring this to a BBQ or potluck and let everyone help eat it. I promise it will be a hit. The mix of ingredients is absolutely perfect and it’s really addicting!
This Fritos corn salad is one of those things that people don’t want to try because it just sounds weird. I mean, Fritos in a salad with a creamy dressing?! But trust me, once they eat it they will come back for more and more until there is none left. Promise!
It’s loaded with tons of vegetables, which in my opinion totally offsets the mayo and the entire bag of chips ( 😉 ), lots of cheese, chips and then it’s all covered in a creamy spiced mayo sauce. If you want to make it “healthier” you could try substituting half the mayo with plain or Greek yogurt. But trust me, if you’re already making a salad with an entire bag of Fritos in it, substituting half a cup of yogurt probably won’t do much good anyways. And you would be missing out on the rich & creamy texture with all the crunchy vegetables.
Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir together. DO NOT add the chips unless you are ready to serve right away.
Here is where you have some choices:
- Once it’s all combined (NO chips yet) let the bowl of corn salad sit in the fridge for 2-4 hours so that it can get all cold and flavors can combine together. This is what I prefer. Once it’s done in the fridge, smash the bag of Fritos with your hands (while chips are still inside the bag) and then dump into the salad, mix together, and then serve!
- Or, after combine salad ingredients in the mixing bowl you can just serve it right away. You’ll want to first add in the bag of Fritos chips.
Like I mentioned above I like to crush the Fritos chips (not into fine crumbs just smaller pieces) and then mix them into the salad. This salad is best eaten within a couple of hours. As you can imagine the corn chips will go soggy. Which I’ll be honest and say that the soggy corn chips could not even stop me from eating the leftovers of this the next day 🙂
I always love making this when we are having grilled hot dogs. I’ll let you in on a secret and tell you that this Fritos corn salad is divine when you serve it on top of hot dogs (like a hot dog topping). Don’t add anything else. Just the hot dog + some of this corn salad. It’s so yummy!
Fritos corn salad will be one salad that no one will forget! Loaded with corn, vegetables, a creamy spiced dressing, and an entire bag of Fritos Chili Cheese corn chips. So many flavors and textures. It's the perfect salad for a BBQ, picnic, or a potluck.
4.9 based on 7 review(s)
- 3 can (15 oz) sweet yellow corn, drained well
- 5-6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 4 roma/plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise (full-fat is best)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 bag (14.25 oz) Fritos Chili Cheese OR Fritos Corn chips
- Combine corn, green onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, and cheddar cheese in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together the mayo, lime juice, chili powder, and cumin. Stir together with a fork and add into the larger mixing bowl of vegetables.
- Stir everything together in the large mixing bowl.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours and then add the chips OR add chips and serve right away.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST