This Fritos snack mix is a perfect blend of sweet n’ salty. It starts with an entire bag of Fritos chips so you know it’s going to be good 🙂
I’m sure y’all know by now that I love football. I am always looking for new, fun, & easy to eat snacks for game day. This, my friends, is one of them!
It starts with an entire bag of Fritos!! Add in some mixed nuts, chex cereal, pretzels, chocolate, and a homemade caramel glaze and it is amazing! How can you go wrong with those?! Fritos, pretzels, mixed nuts…. those are like essential game day food!
I will say that I actually preferred this snack mix prior to baking it in the oven. Once it is baked in the oven, the glaze hardens. If you don’t bake it, it is more of a soft (and very messy!) snack mix, which I loved. So, try it both ways and see which one you like best.
Speaking of game day, my team plays today at noon so if you need me I will be in my team gear, yelling at the t.v, yelling at my kids to go play upstairs so I can hear 😉 (kidding, kind of…..) and maybe eating some football treats. I actually don’t have anything planned to make, I know, shocker!
- 1 bag (10.5 oz) Fritos
- 2 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 2 cups pretzels (any shape)
- 1 1/2 cups mixed nuts
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup (like Karo)
- 1 cup chocolate candies (like m&m's)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl combine Fritos, chex cereal, pretzels, and nuts. Set aside.
- In small sauce pan, over medium heat, combine the brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Let come to a boil, then boil for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Remove pan from heat and pour over the Fritos mixture in the large bowl. Stir together to coat evenly.
- Dump the snack mix onto parchment lines cookie sheets (you may need 2) and cook for 8 minutes. Take out, stir mix, and cook for an additional 8 minutes.
- Pour onto a wax paper lined counter top and let cool completely. Brake apart and add in chocolate candies.
Hope your Saturday is a bit more exciting than mine! Enjoy friends, xoxo!
recipe from cookies & cups