These funfetti cake batter granola bars are loaded with that cake batter flavor we all love, lots of sprinkles, and a good amount of filling oats! These make a fun after-school treat or something that the kids can make themselves!
I was not expecting much from these granola bars. I figured they would be way too sweet, way too cakey tasting….. but, I was wrong. They are good! I even loved them and kept sneaking a bite every time I went to the fridge for something 🙂
My kids could not get enough of them. While I realize they would not be suitable for an every day snack, they make for a really fun surprise snack that the kids will love. Plus, they will have fun making these because this is a recipe that they could probably make all by themselves.
My favorite part about these are all those cute and colorful sprinkles. I have always been a big fan of sprinkles. I always have at least 30+ different sprinkles in my pantry at all times. I just can’t help myself. All those pretty colors!
Line your pan with foil because it makes it really easy to cut these bars. You just lift out the foil, place on a cutting board and then cut into nice, even granola bars. One pan/recipe will make 10 granola bars. Keep these in the fridge, otherwise they will get too soft and gooey. They’ll still be delish, but a bit messier 🙂
- 2 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats (not quick, 1-minute oats)
- 1/2 cup funfetti cake batter mix (dry, DO NOT prepare)
- 1/3 cups honey
- 1/3 cups light karo syrup
- 3 tablespoons oil (I use melted coconut oil)
- 3-4 tablespoons sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325. Line an 8x8 inch pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix together the oats, cake batter mix, honey, light karo syrup, and melted oil. Gently stir in the sprinkles.
- Evenly press the oat mixture into the pan and gently press down.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars. Place in the fridge to speed up this process.
- Store in the fridge.