Soft, super sweet, white chocolate, funfetti cake mix, and a healthy dose sprinkles make these funfetti gooey cake bars a big hit! They are only 6 ingredients and super simple to make too.
Are y’all tired of sprinkles and funfetti yet ?!? I hope not. I told you this week was going to be filled with ‘birthday celebration’ food for the 1st Blogiversary of Together as Family —-> and party food to me involves lots of sprinkles & the iconic funfetti cake mix. I already shared these rainbow krispie treats & funfetti cake batter granola bars so go check those out if you missed them.
These funfetti gooey cake bars are a quick & simple treat that are only 6 ingredients. You can never go wrong with all those sprinkles! I may or may not have entire cabinet devoted to sprinkles in my kitchen….. 🙂
I can’t take any credit for these deliciously sweet gooey cake bars. The blog Crazy for Crust gets the credit because she has lots and lots of different variations of the gooey cake bar. I’m sure you have seen them all over Pinterest. I can totally see why they’re so popular; only a few ingredients + maybe 5 minutes to prepare the dough and you have sweet, soft gooey cake bars.
The only change I made was to use a funfetti cake mix instead of a yellow cake mix. Go ahead and use a yellow cake mix if that’s what you prefer. I wanted to go with funfetti to amp up the sprinkles and cake batter flavor!
The gooey part comes from the sweetened condensed milk. Anyone else tempted to just drink it out of the can? The recipe only calls for 1/2 cup and I am so sorry because I get super annoyed when a recipe does not call for an entire can of something. I mean, what in the world do you do with half a can of sweetened condensed milk?!? You know, besides using it to take finger dips in through out the day….. not speaking from experience or anything 🙂
And while we’re celebrating the blog’s 1st birthday this week, I figured we should take a walk down memory lane and visit the first recipe post I ever posted. I made these springtime goody bars and let me tell you, they are good! Perfect for this time of year when they have the fun & colorful m&m’s and cadbury eggs. So, go pick yourself up a bag of springtime chocolates and make them. Ironically, they also use sweetened condensed milk. The entire can, not just 1/2 a cup!
I sprinkled some additional sprinkles on top of the bars before baking them. I used an additional 2 tablespoons of sprinkles for the top. This makes the bars 'pretty".
1 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 box funfetti cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup sprinkles, divided
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk (from a 14 oz can)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9” pan with foil and spray well with cooking spray.
- Add dry cake mix, butter, and egg to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or use a hand blender. Mix until a thick dough forms. Add 1/3 cup sprinkles and stir until incorporated.
- Press about 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle with white chocolate chips and remaining 1/3 cup sprinkles. Press down lightly with your hands. Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top. Separate remaining dough into small flat discs and evenly space over the top of the bars. Press down to flatten, and to form the top layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until they just begin to brown.
- Cool completely (2-3 hours) before slicing, otherwise the mixture will be too gooey to cut.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST