Creamy greek yogurt fruit salad, loaded with pineapple, pears, and mandarin oranges. So fresh, and light tasting, and a healthy side to any meal or BBQ!
I love a fresh fruit salad. One of my go-to side dishes to take anywhere, or just to have in the fridge for us all to snack on, is a big bowl of fresh & juicy diced fruit. Watermelon, strawberries, grapes, blueberries, kiwi, cantaloupe…… I want some now that I am talking about it. But, cutting all of that fruit can take a lot of time. I was trying to think of something that would be quick, but still healthy and fresh tasting. That’s where this salad was born. Instead of the cool whip and Jell-o used for the creaminess I thought Greek yogurt would be just as great [don’t get me wrong, a love a good jell-o and cool whip salad, YUM!]. All the fruit comes from a can, which is a great substitute for fresh fruit when you need something quick.
The other thing I love about this salad is that there are so many combinations of fruit & yogurt you could do. You could really add any canned fruit. The only fresh fruit I would suggest adding are grapes. Fresh fruit tends to have more liquid and discolor some salads. You could also use any yogurt combination. I’m thinking lime would be good, coconut, or even a berry greek yogurt. My favorite combo that I have tried so far, is one container of vanilla and one container of lemon. Give this a try and be creative with it!
- 2 (5.3 oz) Yoplait Greek Yogurt, any flavor
- 1 can (15 oz) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (15.25 oz) sliced pears, drained and cut into chunks
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- In medium sized bowl, pour both yogurt containers in and stir well together.
- In a colander, drain all the fruit cans very well. It helps to take a spoon and stir them around inside the colander to get the liquid out.
- Dump fruit and the mini marshmallows into the yogurt and mix, gently, together.
- Serve within a couple of hours of making it, or serve immediately. I let mine sit in the fridge for 3 hours and it was just fine. It does not do well for much longer in the fridge.
* Get creative with the yogurt flavors. My favorite is to use one container vanilla and one container lemon.
*If you add fresh fruit, like strawberries, etc., it can discolor the salad. Grapes or canned peaches would be a nice addition, and would not discolor the salad.
Have a great Memorial Day. We are off to a family BBQ at a park. My kids have been asking when Monday is coming so they can play at the park 🙂 If you have not already made a plan of what to bring to your own gathering, give this salad a try. It comes together so quickly, does not need to be in the fridge before serving, and it’s really yummy 🙂