Green Chili & Corn Chicken Enchiladas are an easy family dinner that can be on the table in almost 30 minutes! Use leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken, canned corn, cheese, and creamy green chili enchilada sauce.
CHICKEN ENCHILADA RECIPE
Mexican food makes me happy. If it weren't for my 4 kids who 'for the life of them' can't handle going to a restaurant, I would seriously try every Mexican restaurant possible.
We just got back from Spring Break to the Oregon Coast and there were so many I wanted to try..... but it was just not worth taking all 4 of my kids to a sit down restaurant.
So now days I make it at home like these quick & easy chicken enchiladas that are loaded with corn, green chili, and cheese!
I realize that technically these are not "enchiladas" because they use flour tortillas. Did you know that? I didn't but apparently true enchiladas use corn tortillas and flautas use flour tortillas.
So if being true to the enchilada is your thing, then go ahead and use corn tortillas. My family prefers flour tortillas which is why I always use those.
MY TIPS FOR MAKING THESE EASY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
- Use leftover shredded or chunked chicken. Most of the time I just pick up a Rotisserie chicken and use that. This recipe is also a great way to use up leftover shredded chicken taco meat.
- You can use any cheese you want. I prefer the Colby-Jack cheese but any kind would work!
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, avocado slices, shredded lettuce, and tomato.
- Serve these green chili chicken corn enchiladas with some cilantro lime rice or this easy Mexican rice that I promise will turn out perfect each time!
TRY THESE OTHER MEXICAN FOOD DINNER RECIPES
- Quick & Easy Chicken Flautas
- Beef & Rice Enchiladas
- Chicken Burrito Skillet
- Turkey Taco Pasta Skillet
- Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
Green Chili & Corn Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 can (10 oz) mild green enchilada sauce
- 1 can (11 oz) fiesta corn
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I use Colby-Jack)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 (8") flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1/4 cup of the green enchilada sauce into the bottom of the baking dish. Open can of corn and reserve 1/4 cup of it for the top of enchiladas.
- In a mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken, the remaining fiesta corn, 1 cup of the shredded cheese, cumin, and garlic powder. Mix together until combined.
- Spoon a heaping 1/3 cup of chicken filling into the center of the tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side down in the baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Stir together the remaining green enchilada sauce and heavy cream. Pour over the enchiladas. Cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Take enchiladas out of oven and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup cheese, 1/4 cup reserved corn, and chopped cilantro. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with all your favorite taco toppings.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST