Taco roll ups are made with ground turkey, spices, and veggies for a fun & delicious twist to taco night! Taco seasoned ground turkey with cream cheese gets rolled up in a flour tortilla and bakes in the oven. Creamy, delicious and easy to make taco roll ups are a family favorite.
I have to admit that since moving and with it being summertime I am having a hard time with getting posts up on the blog. We now live by family so there is always something happening, and with a big cross-country move (Maryland to Utah) comes lots of change.
We’re still not in a daily routine/schedule but then again, who is during the summer?? Certainly not me. I feel like it’s just crazy no matter and I have to just go with the flow during the summer and I just need to be ok with that 🙂
I was finally able to go grocery shopping and load up. The first thing I ever made in my new kitchen after the move were these ground turkey taco roll-ups. They are easy, simple, and everything you love about those popular tex-mex flavors.
I am a big fan of ground turkey! The taco meat is ground turkey seasoned with taco seasoning and then made creamy by adding some cream cheese. Add a can of beans and then stir it all together to mix.
Fill up those flour tortillas and roll them up. These are basically enchiladas but they are not smothered like traditional enchiladas are.
Instead, they are topped with a mixture of salsa and Italian salad dressing. Sounds odd but trust me on this one! It’s good.
Try these other Mexican food family favorite dinners
- cheesy beef & rice enchiladas
- green chili chicken corn enchiladas
- slow cooker enchilada chicken tacos
- 15 minute salsa verde beef tacos
- baked ground chicken tacos
Ground Turkey Taco Roll-Ups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.25 lbs (20 oz) ground turkey
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8-10 flour tortillas (8" size)
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro, avocado slices for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 baking pan and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add the ground turkey, red and green pepper, and onion. Cook for several minutes until the turkey is no longer pink and the veggies are tender.
- Add the taco seasoning, garlic powder, and cumin. Stir to combine. Add the cream cheese and black beans, stir. Take off the heat.
- Take a scoop of ground turkey mixture and place it in the center of a tortilla. Roll up and place, seam side down, in the prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining flour tortillas. * I can only fit 8 tortillas in my pan, so I take the little amount of ground turkey mixture that's leftover and spread on top of the roll-ups (before baking and before adding the salsa/dressing on top).
- In a small bowl combine the salsa and Italian salad dressing. Spread over top of the roll ups. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro, avocado slices, and any other toppings you love!
Be sure to save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST