This Holiday Chex Mix will become an instant favorite! Sweet, soft, sticky, salty, and crunchy! This chex mix has it all and it is so addicting 🙂
Welcome to Day 1 of 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS COOKIES !!
I’m so excited to be doing this and so are all my husband’s co-workers 🙂 I told my husband to warn them that lots of treats would be coming their way…. as much as I would love to keep them all here and munch on them through out the week, ummm my pants and the scale say otherwise. I think Christmas goodies should have zero calories, it’s just not fair, right?!?
We’re starting it off right with my favorite Holiday treat ever! That coming from the girl who makes tons and tons of different treats. Seriously, this one is the best. You will not be able to stop eating it. I had to quickly, and I mean very quickly, pack this up in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag and set it aside so my husband can take into work tomorrow. I love this stuff!
It only has a few ingredients and comes together in 15 minutes. Maybe even sooner than that. It also makes a huge batch so it’s perfect for Christmas teacher gifts and/or neighbor treats.
I buy these Christmas treat sacks from Wal-mart for only $.98 for a pack of 15. I also buy these cute holiday themed plastic containers for a couple of dollars. Put some of this Holiday Chex Mix inside with some ribbon and a bow on top, and you have the cutest & yummiest Christmas treat to give away.
I don't have a mixing bowl big enough, so I use 2 large mixing bowls and just divide the cereal mix between the two.
This chex mix will not harden, so don't wait for it or expect that. It stays soft, crunchy, and just perfect!
- 6 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 6 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- In a very large mixing bowl combine corn chex, golden grahams, shredded coconut, and almonds. Stir together with a wooden spoon.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat bring corn syrup, sugar, and butter to a boil, while stirring occasionally.
- Boil for 2 minutes and then take off the heat and let cool for 2 minutes. Pour over the cereal mixture and immediately stir together until all the cereal is coated.
- Lay parchment paper or wax paper on top of counter and dump the coated cereal mix onto it. Spread out and let cool.
Keep coming back for the next 11 days for more delicious & easy Christmas treats!