Brussel sprouts roasted in the oven with olive oil, honey, salt, and garlic. So simple, soft and delicious with charred outside. A healthy side dish for dinner.
My love and obsession for all things Brussel sprouts continue. Since posting these parmesan roasted brussel sprouts less than a year ago, they’ve already become one of the most visited recipes on the blog.
They’re little tiny cabbages that are so good when roasted in the oven. The best part is that charred outside with the softer inside.
If you prefer to not have the burnt/charred outsides then just cook for less time. Closer to 20 minutes rather than the full 25 minutes.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE HONEY GARLIC BRUSSEL SPROUTS
- 2 lbs of fresh Brussel sprouts
- olive oil
- garlic powder
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE
- I have never tried making this recipe using frozen brussels. You could try it and it may work just fine, but I can’t guarantee the results.
- Be sure to clean the Brussels before using them. Cut the ugly knob end off and then peel off the outer layer.
- If the Brussels are small then I leave them as is, but most of the time I slice them in half after cleaning them. That way there are more sides to get that nice sweet charred stuff on it.
- This recipe is really versatile. Add any other seasonings you prefer. I love the simple garlic powder + salt but you can add really whatever you want.
- The addition of the honey is so delicious. It gives a sweet flavor and because of the sugar content it provides a crispy outside.
TRY THESE OTHER VEGETABLE SIDE DISH RECIPES
- Slow Cooker Sweet Glazed Carrots
- Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- Cinnamon Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Southwestern Corn
Honey Garlic Brussel Sprouts
- 2 lbs Brussel sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Very lightly spray a cookie sheet (12" x 18") with cooking spray.
- Clean the Brussel sprouts : cut the ugly knob off the end and then take off the outer layer of skin. Cut the Brussel sprout in half. If it's really small you can just leave whole.
- Add the cleaned and trimmed Brussel sprouts to the cookie sheet. Drizzle the olive oil and honey over it, and sprinkle the salt and garlic powder. Using your hands, stir everything together making sure the Brussels are coated.
- Spread the Brussel sprouts evenly over the cookie sheet making sure that they are not overlapping or touching.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or to desired doneness. Serve immediatley.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST