Soft sugar cookies loaded with crushed up M&M’s! These are my kids’ favorite cookie and it’s not hard to see why when they’re loaded with colorful, chocolate candies. These are so quick and easy to make that even the kids can help out.
Oh wow! It’s so good to be back blogging again. It’s been a crazy & sick-filled last couple of weeks. I had so many things to make and post to the blog for y’all but then life happened and other things became more important.
I’ve been down with the flu for the last week. I swear, I got the never-ending-flu-that-lasts-forever. It won’t go away! I can’t eat, I can’t look at food (hence the no posts, cause I have nothing to post), and the last thing on my mind is food. Luckily, I’ve had these M&M’s Confetti Cookies just waiting to be shared 🙂
Oh, and to make things worse, I have not had my kitchen or laundry room for the last week. We got new carpet installed in our house so everything that was on the carpet had to be moved to the hardwood floors (kitchen, dining room, laundry room, and bathrooms). Let me tell you, moving everything is like moving twice. Pack everything up and putting it somewhere and then you have to unpack again. We have yet to recover…… for real. I have yet to make a real dinner that we did not order from somewhere or drive-up to get 🙂 And, I have yet to do a single load of laundry in the last 3 weeks. It got so bad I actually went out and bought pj’s for all my kids. That’s how desperate I was getting with laundry. Not my brightest mommy moment.
Whenever things are rough around here we always make cookies. Cookies seem to make everyone and everything happier. These confetti cookies are my kids’ favorite! They love helping out by smashing the M&M’s and these cookies are so easy and fast that they can do most of the mixing, measuring and baking themselves.
I always use salted butter when baking. If you use unsalted butter, increase the salt to 1/2 teaspoon.
You can either put M&M's in a ziploc bag and smash it with a meat tenderizer until you get crushed up crumbs/pieces. Or, place in a food processor and pulse until you have crushed up crumbs/pieces.
Recipe makes 2 dozen cookies.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed up M&M's candies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare 2 cookies sheets by lining with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer (or stand mixer) on medium-high speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Stir in 1 cup of m&m confetti bits and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Use a medium cookie scoop, or roll into a ball dough, and place 12 to a cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or just until the edges begin to brown. The cookies will be puffy and should not spread much.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Thanks for stopping by & enjoy your day ! ♥ ♥
‘PIN’ this image to share with everyone and save for later
Do you want more family favorite cookies? Try these!