These M&M’s rice krispies take traditional rice krispies to the next level! Loaded with chocolatey and colorful mini m&m’s, these are sure to be a hit. And they’re so simple to make.
There are two things that I always have stocked in my kitchen; Peter Pan peanut butter (yes, I am obsessed with that specific brand) and mini m&m’s!
My girls love peanut butter and whenever all my kids want a treat or after school snack, it usually involves those cute little mini m&m’s! I love these krispie treats because they are so simple and fast to make, and they are loaded with mini m&m’s! They also make for a great after school snack. My kids start school in less than two weeks, so I know I will be making these again soon.
There were about 6 of these rice krispies left from the day I made them so I put the extras in Ziploc bags and left them on the counter before I went to bed. The next morning, at 6 am, my oldest wakes up and comes up to the kitchen to claim the leftovers. “Claiming” meaning he ate all 6 right there in the silent kitchen before anyone else was awake 🙂 To say my kids loved these krispie treats would be an understatement.
We also love to make these treats with our peanut butter and mini m&m’s:
These M&M's rice krispies take traditional rice krispies to the next level! Loaded with chocolatey and colorful mini m&m's, these are sure to be a hit. And they're so simple to make.
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag (10 oz) mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag (10-12 oz) mini m&m's
- Prepare a 9x13 baking pan by spraying lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Measure out the 6 cups of rice krispie cereal into a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add in the mini marshmallows and allow to melt. Stirring several times so they won't burn. Once completely melted take off the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the rice krispies into the saucepan and stir together until everything is combined. Let sit in pan and cool for a few minutes (so that the m&m's don't melt right when you add them in).
- Evenly dump the bag of m&m's over the mixture and very gently stir to combine. If you evenly dump them you should not have to stir hardly at all. If you just dump the bag in one spot into the mixture, you will have to stir more which means the m&m's will melt.
- Dump into your prepared 9x13 pan and press down evenly. Let cool and set up for 30 minutes. Slice into squares and eat.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST