MONSTER COOKIE DOUGH CHEESEBALL DIP
Monster Cookies anything are kind of a favorite around here! So it’s no surprise that one of my favorite sweet treats just happens to be this flourless, eggless monster cookie dough cheeseball dip.
Eat with pretzels for the perfect salty & sweet combo or with mini cookies like Chips Ahoy or Oreos. Or just eat it with a spoon…. my preferred way 🙂
This monster cookie dough cheeseball dip has become a staple at our house. We make it for football games, gatherings, get togethers, movie night, and anytime we need something sweet to munch on.
And you don’t even have to make it into a cheeseball. Just put the dough in a bowl and serve as a dip. Or leave it in the fridge and use a spoon for an easy treat when you need it 🙂
HOW TO MAKE NO FLOUR, NO EGG MONSTER COOKIE DOUGH DIP
Cream Cheese – Light cream cheese can be used if that’s what you prefer.
Peanut Butter – I love creamy peanut butter but if you want some crunch then try using crunchy. All-natural peanut butter may work well in this recipe. I have not used it so I can’t say for sure, but I am thinking it would work fine because there is no flour and no baking involved.
Powdered Sugar – I use powdered sugar in this recipe so you get the sweetness from sugar but not the grainy texture that you would get from granulated sugar.
Mini M&M’s and Mini Chocolate Chips
MY TIPS FOR THIS RECIPE
– For some added crunch use crunchy peanut butter.
– If you don’t want the outside covered in mini m&m’s (basically you don’t want the ‘cheeseball’ aspect) then just mix up the dough and put it in a bowl for a dip. Either way it’s delicious and I have made it dozens of times each way.
– Quick oats are much better in this recipe. They are smaller and have a finer texture. You could use regular old fashioned oats if that’s what you have but for best results use quick oats.
– Using miniature m&m’s and chocolate chips really do make a difference. You can find mini m&m’s in the candy aisle by the other large bags of m&m’s. Miniature chocolate chips are with the other chips in the baking aisle.
– As the dip sits out at room temperature it will soften slightly, which makes it better for dipping. Store leftovers in the fridge and store the cheeseball in the fridge until ready to serve.
Monster Cookie Dough Cheeseball Dip
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini m&m's
- additional mini m&m's for outside (optional, about 1 cup needed)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or use a hand-held blender, combine the butter, cream cheese, and peanut butter. Cream together until light in color and combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and brown sugar. Blend together.
- Add the powdered sugar and quick oats. Blend together.
- Add the mini chocolate chips and mini m&m's. Blend together just until incorporated.
- Use a spatula or your hands and form it into a ball. The dough is not sticky and will form easily. Place the cheeseball on the serving plate and gently press the additional mini m&m's into it.*You can also just make the cookie dough and put it into a bowl for more of a dip. You don't have to cover the outside with the m&m's.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Serve with your favorite dippers; pretzels, nutter butter cookies, nilla wafers, etc.