No Bake Black Forest Pie has a chocolate cookie crust with two layers of smooth cheesecake. Top with a spoonful of canned cherry pie filling.
NO BAKE BLACK FOREST PIE
I love a homemade, from scratch dessert recipe as much as anyone but sometimes you just need something that is so quick & simple to make.
Which is why this black forest pie is my absolute favorite shortcut dessert.
It can be made in just minutes, it’s no bake, and it needs to be made the day before so it can be made ahead of time!
WHAT IS BLACK FOREST DESSERT?
Black forest is a combination of chocolate and cherry flavors. This pie recipe has a chocolate crust, a creamy chocolate cheesecake middle, and it’s topped off with cherry pie filling.
HOW DO I MAKE BLACK FOREST PIE?
Prepare the cheesecake filling by mixing together cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, vanilla extract, and Cool Whip. Beat that together until it’s combined and creamy.
Pour half of this into the chocolate pie crust. Add cocoa powder and powdered sugar to the reaming cheesecake mixture and stir together. Spread this into the pie crust to form the 2nd layer.
At this point you cover the pie with the enclosed lid from the crust and let it refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
When you’re ready to serve it simply take a slice and dollop a spoonful of cherry pie filling over top.
MY TIPS FOR THIS PIE RECIPE
- For best taste and texture use full-fat, real sour cream and cream cheese.
- To avoid a lumpy texture in the cheesecake, make sure that the cream cheese is softened well before using. I place the unwrapped cream cheese on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 25-30 seconds. This will ensure that the cream cheese is softened enough so it won’t leave lumps in the mixture.
This my friends is dessert perfection. I promise you will love this one! It tastes like you spent hours making it but in reality it’s like 10 minutes 🙂
TRY THESE OTHER BLACK FOREST DESSERT RECIPES
No Bake Black Forest Pie
- 1 ready-to-use chocolate crust (Oreo or chocolate graham cracker crust)
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth and combined.
- Add in sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat together until combined. Fold in Cool Whip with a spatula and stir until it's mixed well.
- Spread half of the mixture into the ready-to-use pie crust.
- Add cocoa powder and powdered sugar to the remaining cream cheese mixture and beat together until combined.
- Spread evenly over the cream cheese layer.
- Cover and let refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Cut into slices and serve each slice topped with some cherry pie filling.
recipe adapted from Taste of Home