No need to turn on the oven for these chocolatey cookies mixed with crushed butterfingers candy bars! Only one pot on the stove and about 10 minutes is all you need for fresh cookies that are loaded with chocolate, candy bars, and oatmeal.
I first have to apologize for the lack of pictures. I have exactly one picture of these no bake chocolate cookies and I’m lucky to have even that. My two year old, who apparently was born with an ability to know how to use electronics, deleted some of my pictures yesterday.
I swear kids these days are like geniuses when it comes to phones, tablets, computers, cameras, etc. Like how do they know how to delete? Or delete apps (she does this one all the time)! Or to get to YouTube or Facebook or post to my Facebook account? Or Netflix? Don’t get me started on that one….. I just don’t get it.
Anyways, if you’re looking for an easy, no bake cookie recipe that also happens to be stuffed with my favorite candy bar of all time; then you have to make these. One pot on the stove and about 10 minutes is all you need.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups oatmeal, NOT quick 1-minute oats
- 1 cup chopped Butterfingers candy bars
- In a large pot over medium-high heat melt butter. Once butter is melted add in cocoa powder, granulated sugar, and milk. Stir with a whisk until smooth and combined. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, let boil for 1 minute while stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add in peanut butter and vanilla extract. Stir to combine until smooth and creamy.
- Add in oats and stir.
- Let sit in pot and cool for 8 minutes. Stir in chopped butterfingers candy bars.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper or parchment paper on the counter top. Let cool and harden for about 30 minutes.
recipe adapted from 5 Boys Baker