No bake pumpkin pie with marshmallows is a sweet and creamy twist to classic pumpkin pie. Marshmallow, Cool whip, and pumpkin combine to make a delicious pumpkin pie in a store-bought graham cracker crust.
NO BAKE PUMPKIN PIE
I hope no one is sick of pumpkin just yet because I feel like I am just getting started with all the pumpkin recipes. Since it’s officially Fall I can go crazy with the pumpkin recipes, right?! I love love love all the pumpkin recipes.
My favorite pumpkin dessert ever is the classic pumpkin pie. And these pumpkin cheesecake whoopie pies are a very close second.
Pumpkin pie with some freshly whipped cream is so yummy. But, I also like to play around and share twists to the classic recipes.
Which is how this marshmallow pumpkin pie came about. It’s no bake so it’s really easy and anyone could make this. The texture is a bit different than classic pumpkin pie because you don’t bake it.
It’s a light, fluffy texture almost like a cream pie. Top it with freshly whipped cream and it’s a sweet twist to pumpkin pie.
HOW TO MAKE NO BAKE PUMPKIN PIE
On the stove top heat some marshmallows, pure pumpkin, salt, ground cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice until it’s smooth and combined. You will want to do this over low heat so the marshmallows don’t burn.
Transfer the hot pumpkin mixture to a mixing bowl and let it cool down to room temperature. About 30 minutes.
Once cooled, fold in some Cool Whip and stir until it’s combined and lighter in color. Pour into a prepared graham cracker store-bought crust (or make your own!) and cover with the enclosed lid from the crust.
Let it refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving. Even overnight works too!
MY TIPS FOR MAKING THIS PUMPKIN RECIPE
Make sure you heat the pumpkin and marshmallow mix over low or medium-low heat. You don’t want the heat any higher or else the marshmallows might burn before they melt down.
Stir the mixture very frequently while it’s cooking on the stove.
Make sure that you let the pumpkin mixture cool to room temperature. The directions say to transfer it to a bowl and this helps it cool it down, to get it out of the hot pan you used. Cooling it down will take about 20-30 minutes.
Garnish with freshly whipped cream, more Cool Whip, or the whipped cream spray canisters.
To make fresh whipped cream pour 1 cup heavy whipping cream into a bowl, or a bowl of a stand mixer, add 1/4 cup powdered sugar and beat it until it’s thick and there are stiff peaks. This takes about 4-5 minutes.
Try these other Pumpkin recipes
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Streusel Muffins
- Honey Wheat Pumpkin Muffins
- Double Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
- Pumpkin Pie Poke Cake
- Pumpkin Upside Down Cake
No Bake Marshmallow Pumpkin Pie
- 1 bag (10 oz) large marshmallows
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (8 oz) Cool Whip (thawed)
- 1 (9-inch) store-bought graham cracker crust
- In a sauce pan, over low or medium-low heat, combine the marshmallows, pumpkin, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Stirring very frequently, let it melt and mix together until it's smooth and combined.
- Transfer the hot mixture into a mixing bowl and let it cool down to room temperature. About 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, add the carton of thawed Cool Whip and stir together until completely combined and much lighter in color. Put mixture inside the graham cracker crust and spread out evenly.
- Cover the pie with the enclosed lid from the crust and put it in the fridge for at least 6 hours to thicken up and come together.
- Slice and serve with additional Cool Whip or freshly whipped cream.
Save this recipe and PIN IT to PINTEREST