Triple layer banana pudding cheesecake pie is a no bake dessert that is so creamy delicious and tastes just like banana pudding! If you’re not a fan of brown bananas in traditional banana pudding then you will love this! Perfect for an easy dessert or the Thanksgiving dessert table.
I have been dreaming up this no bake triple layer banana pudding cheesecake pie (how’s that for a long title 🙂 ) for awhile now. Ever since I made this black forest cheesecake pie and this no bake triple layer lemon pudding pie I’ve been thinking of all the combinations you could do with them.
Recently we were in South Carolina on a beach vacation and we went to Paula Deen’s new Family Kitchen restaurant. And let me tell you that it was insanely delicious food. Like really really really good that I am *possibly* contemplating a trip down there just for that restaurant. Well maybe not that but seriously the food is good!
Everything is served family style, except for the dessert, which was a really good thing because I ordered the banana pudding and there was no way I was going to be sharing 🙂
One of my top 5 favorite desserts is banana pudding but it’s also the one thing that I am picky about. I don’t like the brown bananas in it. It’s a texture and aesthetic thing for me. I want my food to look pretty. I don’t want brown, soggy bananas at the bottom of this ultra amazing banana pudding dessert.
And that folks, is how this cheesecake pie was born. I wanted something that was a pie, tasted just like banana pudding, did not have brown bananas in it, and was so simple and easy to make.
It’s so light and fluffy and full of banana pudding flavor. I would highly suggest topping each piece with some sliced bananas and crushed Nilla Wafers.
The best part about this cheesecake pie is that it sets up beautifully and cuts perfectly. It’s one of those desserts that you can count on to impress and turn out each time.
Mix up a simple mixture of cream cheese, sugar, and some Cool Whip. In another bowl you will mix 2 boxes of banana cream instant pudding mix and then you start making your 3 layers. Please follow the recipe and use the half & half milk to make the pudding. I promise you the recipe will come out lots better if you use it.
I know some may be tempted to use fat-free milk to make this “healthier” or maybe even use sugar-free instant pudding mix, but the texture will suffer. So, use at your own risk 🙂
You can always tell when I’m really excited about a recipe because there will be like a million pictures. Thanks for sticking with me through all of them. Do yourself a favor and make this! Make it for a weekend dessert, weeknight dessert, or at the very least add it to your Thanksgiving dessert menu. Because every Thanksgiving table needs a banana pudding pie, right? Yes! 🙂
Triple layer banana pudding cheesecake pie is a no bake dessert that is so creamy delicious and tastes just like banana pudding! If you're not a fan of brown bananas in traditional banana pudding then you will love this! Perfect for an easy dessert or the Thanksgiving dessert table.
5 based on 5 review(s)
- 1 ready-to-use Shortbread or Graham Cracker crust
- 2 small boxes (3.4 oz) Banana Pudding Instant pudding mix
- 2 cups Half & Half
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip
- Nilla Wafers & sliced bananas, for garnish
- In a bowl, combine the dry pudding mix powder with the half & half. Stir with a wire whisk until completely combined and creamy. Evenly spread 1 1/2 cups of this mixture into the prepare pie crust (this is the 1st layer). Set aside the remaining.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar and beat with a handheld blender until combined. Fold in the Cool Whip and stir, using a spatula, until completely combined. Add half of this mixture to the remaining banana pudding mix. Stir together until combined and add to the pie crust (as the 2nd layer).
- Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture on top (for the 3rd layer). Cover with the enclosed lid and let refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours. I prefer to refrigerate overnight.
- Slice and garnish each piece with some crushed Nilla Wafers and sliced bananas.
This recipe does make a tall pie. You will be able to get it all in the pie crust but if you prefer a shorter, more even (with the top of the pie crust) pie, then buy 2 pie crusts and divide the mixture between the two. Do not double the other ingredients.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST