Mint Oreos. I have a severe love-hate relationship with them. Like, I seriously love them so much that I probably could eat an entire package, by myself, over a few days. But I also hate them for that exact same reason. They are so darn good!! I am not a fan of Oreos in general, but my goodness gracious these mint Oreos get me every time! I rarely buy them. It’s for my own good, really 🙂
Don’t they look so pretty….. I love this picture. All those Oreo chunks!
I will warn you. This ice cream does not taste ‘exactly’ like the traditional ice cream [i.e- store bought stuff or the homemade churned style]. It is thicker, sweeter, and almost has like a dense creamy texture. Does that even make sense?! Dense creamy, it’s like creamy but very dense at the same time…..
And the BEST part about this recipe, you will have about 4-5 leftover oreos and just f.y.i- the best way to use them is to scoop up some of the ice cream with it and eat it. Mint Oreo + some no churn mint oreo ice cream =ah-mazing! Try it, please! No need to share, just let it be our little secret. They’ll never know there were 4 extra cookies 🙂
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (15.25 oz) Mint Oreo
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon mint extract (we prefer 1/4 teaspoon)
- green food coloring
- In bowl of a stand mixer, combine heavy whipping cream and mint extract. Whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form (this will take several minutes).
- After the whipping cream is done, drop in desired amount of green food coloring and mix lightly to incorporate.
- Fold the sweetened condensed milk, with a rubber spatula, into the mixing bowl of whipped cream. Gently fold and mix it together.
- Take 18 oreos and crush them into small/fine pieces (I use a food processor. You could also use a ziploc bag and crush them). Gently stir the crumbs into the ice cream.
- Pour into a 9x5 glass bread loaf pan.
- Take 8 oreos and chop them into larger sized pieces, and place on top of the ice cream in the loaf pan. Cover with foil.
- Freeze for at least 8 hours. I thought it was better once it had been in the freezer overnight and then entire next day.
Have a great Saturday, friends! I am still doing laundry….. If you follow me on Instagram (you totally should be), you will see my laundry struggle is real! I am getting ready to go on a ‘hubby & me only’ vacation next week. We’ve been married 8 years and this is our 1st vacation since our honeymoon. I know, slightly pathetic.
** Come back tomorrow because I will leave you with one more sweet treat before I take a one week hiatus from the blog. I am going to enjoy my week with the hubs (and kid-free), and not worry about posting and all that social media stuff that goes along with it.
recipe adapted from here