Everyone will love this fun oatmeal cookie pizza! A chewy, sweet oatmeal cookie base with m&m’s, topped with shredded coconut and chopped pecans.
I am noticing a theme on this blog with the cookies, desserts, snacks, etc that are on here…… can you guess it?
I always have at least 2 bags at my house. My kids go crazy for the little cute colorful m&m’s and just like sprinkles, they make everything better. And prettier 🙂
If only they sold them in bulk at Costco…….
I made this cookie pizza for a family picnic and I brought home an empty tray! I only put the shredded coconut and chopped pecans on half the cookie. You know, just in case some people didn’t want them. But, I’m telling you, those were the pieces gone first.
Don’t skip the coconut and chopped pecans. Well, obviously if there is an allergy, skip it, please. But, if not, go for it. It adds such a nice flavor and texture. I am not the biggest fan of shredded coconut. I will eat it. But, I am not in love with the stuff. With that said, I loved the addition of the shredded coconut on top.
I cooked mine a wee bit too long. Watch it closely, especially around 13 minutes (mine was only in there 15 minutes, and it was like 1 minute too much time).
The edges will start to brown and the center should still be slightly underdone and pale. It will finish cooking as it cools.
You can use any type of candy and/or chocolate chips as long as it equals 1 cup + a few for sprinkling on top.
I prefer the texture of both kinds of oats together. But feel free to use all quick-oats if you would rather.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats, regular or quick (I use 1/2 cup of both)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini m&m's (optional, could use all chocolate chips)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar with a hand-held blender or in a stand mixer.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In small bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together. Add to the butter/sugar mixture and stir together with a wooden spoon. Stir in the chocolate chips and/or mini m&m's.
- Press into a greased or parchment-lined 12" pizza pan. Sprinkle the top with the chopped pecans and shredded coconut, and additional chocolate chips or mini m&m's if desired.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes. Edges will be a golden brown and the center will still look pale and slightly underdone. Let cool on a wire rack. Cut into "pizza" wedges.
I am also thinking that this would be a fun after-school snack! What a perfect surprise for the kids after a long day.
Enjoy, friends! xoxo