Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies! Just when you think the classic chocolate chip cookie couldn’t get any better, stuff an Oreo in the middle and it’s to die for. Soft-baked, buttery chocolate chip cookies with a chocolate Oreo in the middle.
I am so sorry for these. I am. I just couldn’t help myself….. chocolate chip cookie + chocolate Oreo is like the most insanely delicious combo ever! I remember making these Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies several years ago when I saw them originally on the Picky Palate blog. It was one of the first blogs I fell in love with!
I had forgotten about them until I was browsing my Pinterest boards and I knew I had to make them. Because I think everybody should at least try these cookies once in their life. They are big cookies. Rich cookies. Sweet cookies. Literally, one of the best ways to blow your daily caloric intake, haha 🙂 Totally worth it!
These cookies remind me of hockey pucks! Just to give you an idea of the size. As I was making these I realized that they could be made into mini sized Oreo stuffed cookies as well. Just make the dough balls smaller and stuff the middle with a mini Oreo.
And speaking of Oreos you can use any kind you want. I happen to love the chocolate Oreos and I thought they would be perfect inside some chocolate chip cookies. The first time I made these I used the regular Oreos. Get creative and use your favorite!
These cookies were much needed after my weekend. We got the buyers inspection report back and their requests for changes, AND we got our taxes back on the same day. So not only did we have to spend money for the fixes and changes to sell our house, we had to pay a crazy amount of taxes because we owed this year.
I wanted to cry. Stuff my face with these cookies. Go shopping. Eat ice cream. It was a horrible, horrible day and I am pretty excited it’s over. I sent my husband to the grocery store that night to get ice cream. Because I am pretty sure we all know ice cream can pretty much fix anything, right?!?
Speaking of ice cream have you guys tried the new Halo Top?! I’m pretty sure I have tried every flavor and the cookies n cream and the chocolate covered banana one are my favorites! It’s a low calorie ice cream that still tastes amazing.
Tips for making Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies
- Use any Oreo variety you want!
- Be sure to follow the direction when it says 1 tablespoon of dough for the bottom cookie and then 1 tablespoon dough for the top cookie. If you use too much dough, the cookies won’t cook through and you’ll end up with a softer top cookie. Which, maybe is not a bad thing depending on your preference.
- I prefer and recommend using the mini chocolate chips. But yes, you can use regular sized chocolate chips as well. Speaking of chocolate chips, use milk chocolate or semi-sweet. Either one.
I can’t even describe how yummy these cookie are! Soft, sweet, chocolatey cookie with an Oreo in the middle. The oven does magic to the Oreo. The center gets soft and the cookie part gets softer. It’s really good and totally worth making at least once 🙂 Enjoy friends!
Chocolate Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups miniature chocolate chips
- 24 Chocolate Oreo cookies (or any variety Oreo)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cookies sheets by spraying wiht cooking spray, using a silpat liner, or parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or use a handheld blender in a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars. Beat for 1-2 minutes until lighter in color and fluffy looking
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract. Beat together until mixed.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir with a wire whisk to break up any flour clumps. Add half of the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mix and beat together. Add the other half and blend again just until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand with a wooden spoon. Take 1 tablespoon of dough and flatten it out. Place an Oreo on top of it and then top it with another 1 tablespoon of dough. Use your hands to mold and shape the cookie dough around the cookie., making sure to seal the cookie dough around the cookie. It should look somewhat like a hockey puck when you're done.
- Place 12 per cookie sheet. Bake for 9-12 minutes. They will still be pale in color but should be puffy and not look "wet". Let cool on the cookie sheet for about 5-10 minutes and the move the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST