Juicy, fresh peaches and blueberries covered in a butter & brown sugar crumble that crisps up in the oven. This peach blueberry crisp will become a summertime favorite dessert with all the ripe produce. Don’t forget to top it off with some vanilla bean ice cream!
I was cleaning out my fridge the other day and “found” (aka- they were shoved in the back of the fridge) a half-eaten Costco sized container of blueberries and 4 peaches just sitting there waiting to go bad shortly. I knew I needed to something with them. In my world, there is not much worse than fresh fruit going bad.
My 2 year old basically lives off of blueberries. I have never seen such a little human being eat so many blueberries in one sitting. I was surprised we even had any hiding in the fridge because she normally finds them and eats through them fast.
What does one do with fresh, ripe fruit……. make a crisp, naturally. I know the better thing would be just to eat the peach as a peach, but why do that when you can have a delicious peach blueberry crisp instead that’s topped with ice cream?!?
Plus it is pretty much mandatory that you make a crisp during the summer months. All the fresh fruit plus a scoop of ice cream. Now that is pretty much perfection.
Crisps are by far in my top 5 favorite desserts. I love them all; apple crisp, peach cobbler, strawberry crisp. You really can’t go wrong.
I would highly suggest that you go get yourself some blueberries and peaches and make this. Oh, and don’t forget the vanilla bean ice cream! I love using vanilla bean ice cream instead of just vanilla ice cream with crisps. I think the vanilla bean is not as sweet and pairs better with the fruit filling and the sweet crisp topping. Just my opinion. Use whatever kind of ice cream you prefer 🙂
TIP TO PEEL PEACHES EASILY:
- place a pot of water on the stove top and bring to a boil
- once boiling put your whole, unpeeled peaches into the water
- let them sit in there for 3 minutes
- take peaches out of the pot and let them drain and cool on a kitchen towel
- once cooled (or warm) peel the skin away either with your fingers or a knife
- cut into slices and use in any recipe
Juicy, fresh peaches and blueberries covered in a butter & brown sugar crumble that crisps up in the oven. This peach blueberry crisp will become a summertime favorite dessert with all the ripe produce. Don't forget to top it off with some vanilla bean ice cream!
5 based on 2 review(s)
- 4 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8x8 baking dish by spraying lightly with cooking spray.
- To make the fruit: combine the peeled and sliced peaches and the blueberries into a bowl. Sprinkle the sugar and cornstarch over the fruit and gently mix together until the fruit is coated.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon. Mix together. Pour melted butter over and mix until a thick crumb develops.
- Pour the fruit into the baking dish and then top with the crisp topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes. The filling will be bubbly and the crisp topping will be golden brown.
- Let cool for 15-30 minutes before eating. Serve with vanilla bean ice cream.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST