There is not much I can say about these things besides, they’re freaking delicious! And so cute & miniature, which in my book makes them even yummier! My kids literally ate all of these in about 5.2 seconds……..
After I had made these, I told the kids that it was time to try them and my little 3 year old looks at them and says, “Mom, you’re silly! Those are not cookies they are muffins!” I literally had to to ‘talk her into’ eating a mini cookie bite! Crazy, I know, but once she finally tried a bite of the “muffins” she was obsessed 🙂
Be very careful not to over bake. I found that the perfect time is 8 minutes. They will look like they are no where near done, but I promise you they will set up nicely. Those mini muffins tins do not hold that much dough, so they will bake fast.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter, use 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a mini cupcake muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder. Stir with a wire whisk.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in egg and vanilla, blend together.
- Dump the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl and beat on low speed, just until incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Fill each muffin cup completely full with the cookie dough. I use a small cookie scoop and fill each muffin cup with 1 scoop. Flatten out the dough on top.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool slightly. These are delicious warm!
Hope your weekend has been wonderful so far! Thanks for visiting us here!
recipe found here