An easy & delicious 5 ingredient pineapple salsa chicken gets cooked to perfection in the slow cooker. The pineapple adds a nice sweetness. Serve over rice and top with all your favorite taco toppings! This is a family favorite because everyone can customize their own rice bowl with their favorite toppings.
These pineapple salsa chicken rice bowls are only 5 ingredients and the slow cooker does all the work! This is one of our favorite dinners. I love to put the taco toppings in bowls and then lay everything out on the table and serve buffet style. Start with rice, add some chicken mix, and then top with all your favorites.
The chicken gets combined with some other easy ingredients and then it cooks all day. The chicken gets so incredibly tender and just falls apart.
I always serve these with shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, olives, sour cream, and chunked avocado. The day I took the pictures for the blog I didn't have most of the toppings that we use. Well, I had them but they were in the fridge too long and the lettuce went bad, and then my daughter apparently ate all the cheese..... this actually happens often 🙂 You could also use jalapenos, cilantro, pico de gallo as well.
I like using the chicken taco seasoning packet but if you prefer you can use the taco seasoning.
If you don't care for pineapple you can go ahead and leave it out. It adds a subtle sweetness. You don't taste pineapple.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) black or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 packet chicken taco seasoning
- Lay chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients. Stir slightly to combine.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. Shred chicken.
- Serve over rice and top with your favorite taco toppings.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST ♥ ♥