Pistachio Pudding Fruit Salad is creamy, fluffy, and full of yummy summertime fruits! This is a great “sweeter” side dish for BBQ’s, potlucks, and picnics! Comes together in a matter of minutes and you only need a few ingredients.
I am soooooo sorry things have been so quiet here on Together as Family. I’m trying to keep up with the posts but life has been crazy lately and I am just waiting for it to get back to normal 🙂
One of my favorite gifts I’ve ever gotten was given to me by my mother. She knows I love cookbooks and all things food, so she gave me a copy of Ann Romney’s book ‘Romney Family Table’. If you guys want an excellent cookbook with lots of fun stories and family traditions, then get yourself a copy of it. I’ve read it cover to cover at least 5 x now.
One of the first recipes that jumped out at me was her recipe for this Pistachio Pudding Fruit Salad. It’s like the classic Watergate salad but with added fruits. While I am sitting here writing this post, I actually think some strawberries would also be a nice addition. Really, any fruit I think would go well in this. Get creative & add your favorites!
I’ve always loved having a sweeter side dish at BBQ’s and potlucks, and this one is the perfect dish to bring. Mix up all the ingredients in the morning and then it’s ready for when you need it at dinner. This salad is much better after it’s been in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours. So plan ahead 🙂
- 1 package (3.4 oz) Instant Pistachio Pudding, DO NOT prepare
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- In large bowl, combine the dry pistachio pudding mix and the can of crushed pineapple with juice. Stir until pudding mix is dissolved.
- Let sit for a few minutes so the pudding can begin to thicken.
- Add the mandarin oranges and grapes, stir together gently to combine.
- Fold in the cool whip and mini marshmallows.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
Do you want more side dish recipes? Try these!
7 Layer Dip ——> I could eat this all day. every day.!